DW got her Kay's last Saturday and today got Jared and JBR!

They really help - see my green FAKOs below!

Wow.. nice jumps. I am getting very tempted to apply for these cards.. I know my FICO's are all in the 630 range.. I could use the higher limit cards, but then I was thinking "do i really want a jewelry card on my report for at least the next 7 years?"

Hmm.. I better stay away from this thread or I may end up with a trifecta. :p

The quad-fecta (ya... I am a sterling whore) brought my EQ score from 552 to 693 as of today.

The 3 TLs from Sterling are likely the ONLY reason HSBC gave me a union plus card with a 2000 dollar limit. Or they where rather drunk when they gave me the CL.

Now.. if you don't want that to happen to you (YMMV) I suggest you stay away from Kay, jerads and the such ;)

Well, they hit me hard. Dont know who else sterling pulls because the inq is gone. don't know why, but they did. maybe the hit the wrong key. :confused:

Oh, very off thread, merk looked at an QX56 today, any thoughts?

Man, just write a dispute letter. I have yet (knocking on my head in place of wood) to get grief from the CBs regarding a dispute over a hard inquiry. They just delete it and send me my report. Hopefully this isn't a YMMV.

From what I gathered, if you got one, you can get them all. Do it maaan. :)

Ok.. so i gave in and tried for Kay. Got the message saying that they would update my status in an hour via email. Received the email few min later saying it would be a 20 day letter by mail :(

I really hope its not denied. I really didnt need the card, but figured the util would help.

Call them and ask. sometimes you can get them to do recon over the phone if the did turn you down.

I called. Since I had put a fraud alert on my files to try to remove some EXP inquiries, I had to actually go into the mall and show my ID to get them to complete the app. After verifying information over the phone, I was approved for $3900. Went downstairs to JBR and did the same thing.. another $3900.

I kinda felt bad tying up the sales associates while they were busy and not making a purchase..but I got a credit score to increase here! :)

I called. Since I had put a fraud alert on my files to try to remove some EXP inquiries, I had to actually go into the mall and show my ID to get them to complete the app. After verifying information over the phone, I was approved for $3900. Went downstairs to JBR and did the same thing.. another $3900.

I kinda felt bad tying up the sales associates while they were busy and not making a purchase..but I got a credit score to increase here! :)

aprrently not bad enough to buy something from the associate ;)

I didn't buy anything from goodmans when I went in either.

aprrently not bad enough to buy something from the associate ;)

I didn't buy anything from goodmans when I went in either.

That is true... :twisted: I have splurged enough on my cards.. I am actually wanting to get rid of all my balances.. just figured these two would help my available ratio until I can pay the other ones off.

I applied for Jared's on 11-16-07 they pulled EX. I got a letter in the mail that said denied can not verify identity. Called the number and they said I had to go into a store with my id and a check stub.Did that today. Then they had to call me luckly I had put my home phone on call forwarding. They ask a couple questions then approved me for 1500. I went from there to Kay's was denied they pulled Tu. I have none of my tradelines showing on that report and there is five baddies three of which are not mine so I was denied.When i got home i called them and ask for a reconsideration since I was approved for Jared's and I explained that TU refused to add my tradelines to my report for whatever reason. The lady told me to hold came back and said approved. I ask if they pulled another report she told me no they used my EX they had pulled for Jared"s. Thanks everyone. Oh yes and I bought a pair of diamond earrings from Jared's just could not resist.

That is true... :twisted: I have splurged enough on my cards.. I am actually wanting to get rid of all my balances.. just figured these two would help my available ratio until I can pay the other ones off.

Hmm.. between the 2 cards, they pulled all 3 bureau's. :-/ I disputed the one on EQ with the website... I really wish they hadn't pulled EXP. I need to get some inq removed from there..

Hmm.. between the 2 cards, they pulled all 3 bureau's. :-/ I disputed the one on EQ with the website... I really wish they hadn't pulled EXP. I need to get some inq removed from there..

My EX INQ's are off the chart, and it is my lowest score. I think I am just going to send a letter disputing them and wait to see what happens.

My EX INQ's are off the chart, and it is my lowest score. I think I am just going to send a letter disputing them and wait to see what happens.

That is why I put the fraud alert on my files.. I am trying to dispute a few of them off. If it works, great, if not I will just write in and have the FA removed.

That is why I put the fraud alert on my files.. I am trying to dispute a few of them off. If it works, great, if not I will just write in and have the FA removed.

I thought I remember reading on another thread that it doesn't appear to be as easy to use the FA then dispute on EX anymore. YMMV.

I thought I remember reading on another thread that it doesn't appear to be as easy to use the FA then dispute on EX anymore. YMMV.

yeah i read that. I sent dispute letters to both places the individual making the inquiry and experian. See what happens.

Ok guys, you convinced me to apply.

Here is my post from my success thread :lol:

Ok, after reading the thread below, I finally caved in and applied for a Kay's card. The interest rate is only 10% in Arkansas.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-rep...ad.php?t=27670 <<--- See, I gave credit where credit is due. lol

So, my wife asked for a circle diamond pendant. I got that from Zales. Actually, Zales outlet. :wink: Then later she mentioned that the cheap chains that come with pendants are too short. (I would imagine that they are probably pretty thin too. She is a preschool teacher with 20 4 year olds. So a good jewelry gift *needs* to be sturdy.) I wish she would have told me that like 3 pendants ago. No wonder she doesn't wear the good ones often.

I got her a 20 inch white gold box chain. I thought that I would apply for a Kay's card while I was there. I had my credit union atm/debit card with me God forbid I got denied in public. Turns out that I didn't need it as I got approved for $7600.00. :shock:

I wish I would have done this almost 5 years ago when I got our wedding rings. Oh well. This should do wonders for my utilization. (I still have the $300 secured card, by the way.)

So, if you guys are considering Kay's I strongly suggest you give them a try. They have good stuff. I've been buying from them for several years.