Got Letter/Call from JDB...Now What?

dcs101

In PA, $12,000 debt.

I've been reading posts for days and I am still really confused. Cambece Law in MA (JDB) called at work, I talked to them at home didn't know who they were. Really rude guy wanted me to send them $1000, no letter just the call. Looked them up, nothing good. CAVC worst of bunch supposedly...Great! Finally got the letter yesterday. I am drafting DV letter. I assume they will validate. So what then? After everything I've read it looks like if I don't pay/settle they will eventually sue me. I don't have $12,000 and after finding out they probably only paid about $350 for my debt I'm not inclined to pay that to them but I really don't know what to do after they validate.

In PA, $12,000 debt.

I've been reading posts for days and I am still really confused. Cambece Law in MA (JDB) called at work, I talked to them at home didn't know who they were. Really rude guy wanted me to send them $1000, no letter just the call. Looked them up, nothing good. CAVC worst of bunch supposedly...Great! Finally got the letter yesterday. I am drafting DV letter. I assume they will validate. So what then? After everything I've read it looks like if I don't pay/settle they will eventually sue me. I don't have $12,000 and after finding out they probably only paid about $350 for my debt I'm not inclined to pay that to them but I really don't know what to do after they validate.

They will use a phony affidavit and likely take you to the phony arbitration forum, beware.