Authorized user not being reported by CRA's

credit crunched

Did they ask for your social? If so, it may just take another month or so. If not, they may not report for you. I had to call crapone to find out why they werent reporting on mine and thats when I found that they did not have my social and do not report unless they have it. Call the card company and ask them if they even report AU and make sure they have your social if so. Some may not report any longer due to the upcomming changes (even though it may be 3-4 more months before the changes actually take effect).

Ameri: AU doesn't matter to FICO any longer.

new q: what does that mean exactly?

initial q: my mom was gonna add me to her secured card which has never been late, & shows a pos on her rpt's, BUT her card is for $1200 & she only has $600 available.

q now: will being added to her card show as a pos tl on my rpt although, never late, but only half of the card is available? does that make a difference in help'n me have a pos tl & will that build my fico?

never had a cc b4 so i'm curious on how this stuff works

I've heard different. I've heard that EQ has already implemented it.

Amerikaner is right, my AU has been greyed out for EQ already. To answer Prettykitty's questions:

new q: AU doesn't matter to FICO any longer, what does that mean exactly?

If you are added on as an AU to your mom's account, it will only report to EX and TU for now. EQ no longer will report an AU status.

initial q: my mom was gonna add me to her secured card which has never been late, & shows a pos on her rpt's, BUT her card is for $1200 & she only has $600 available.

q now: will being added to her card show as a pos tl on my rpt although, never late, but only half of the card is available? does that make a difference in help'n me have a pos tl & will that build my fico?

It will show as a positive tradeline with the credit limit of the card which is $1200 and the balance will be whatever has been used up on the card. If she doesn't pay it by the time it reports, you'll have a balance of $600 reporting. But again remember it is to just EX and TU that you'll get reported.

Yes, when I was added I had to fill out a special form supplying my social and copy of driver's license. Took almost 3 months to report but for now your cards will only report to EX and TU since EQ no longer reports AUs.

I read an article that Equifax, and TU hadn't even received their models

yet. Experian has chosen to delay its implementation of the new model. This

went to press Nov. 3 07'. A reply in this thread mentions a "greying" of

their AU account on eqifax. I find this to be quite contradictory, who's

right. Perhaps there is something else going on with AU accounts that We're

not privy to.

Actually that was me that said of the greying on that post. My AU cards no longer report to EQ. When I look at the TL on my CR, it is still there with the dates and shows as open but it no longer shows a status in payment history (greyed out) and shows a Balance and High Balance of $0 regardless of what the other CRAs are reporting and Responsibility Status of Terminated. I have 3 AU accounts and it's the same thing for all of them. They all still do report to EX and TU just fine like the rest of my own cards except for the Authorized User status in the Responsibility field.

Actually that was me that said of the greying on that post. My AU cards no longer report to EQ. When I look at the TL on my CR, it is still there with the dates and shows as open but it no longer shows a status in payment history (greyed out) and shows a Balance and High Balance of $0 regardless of what the other CRAs are reporting and Responsibility Status of Terminated. I have 3 AU accounts and it's the same thing for all of them. They all still do report to EX and TU just fine like the rest of my own cards except for the Authorized User status in the Responsibility field.

Thanks for the response Isisic; I wonder what thats all about. Is it possible to poll the board members who have AU's about their current status with

Equifax? It would seem if any CRA was messing with AU's right now, it would

be Experian( according to the article ).

One of the Admins at FICO, user MyFico Barry, says different. I believe user MyFico Barry is Barry Paperno, manager of customer service.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=forumsfeedback&thread.id=596

This Post article says EX was to be first, they are still on hold, and that the other two CRAs are scheduled for next year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/02/AR2007110201265.html

It's possible EQ is deleting or otherwise suppressing AUs now, without FICO 08.

One of the Admins at FICO, user MyFico Barry, says different. I believe user MyFico Barry is Barry Paperno, manager of customer service.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=forumsfeedback&thread.id=596

This Post article says EX was to be first, they are still on hold, and that the other two CRAs are scheduled for next year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/02/AR2007110201265.html

It's possible EQ is deleting or otherwise suppressing AUs now, without FICO 08.

First off, thats some good stuff. You sure do get the skinny! If I'm reading

their threads, ol Barry is probably reading ours...a little creepy. I'm wondering

if Fico knows Equifax has gone maverick on them. Why grey it, why not just

delete it?

Are you guys pulling directly from EQ and seeing them grayed out? One of my TL's and a couple of my gf's TL's are also grayed out for EQ, but only when pulling the 3 in 1's from CIP, PM, and TC... all of which use transunions system. When we pull from EQ they are just fine though. I do not have any AU reporting to compare... but if its happening to non AU accounts as well then I bet it is not effecting anything.

If I'm reading their threads, ol Barry is probably reading ours...a little creepy.

Oh yeah, you'll see references to CIC and CB all over the place on MyFico. Lots of the "pros" over there do some heavy reading on CIC, CB or both. But the admins and mods just won't permit anyone to discuss their source if it's one of the evil credit repair forums.

I'm wondering if Fico knows Equifax has gone maverick on them. Why grey it, why not just delete it?

I'm not sure EQ has gone maverick, and if they have I don't know that FICO knows it. However, assuming they did, FICO is a small company and they serve their masters: the CRAs and the OCs. The CRAs and the OCs would love to kick FICO to the curb and unleash their own scoring forumula, and some OCs (like AMEX) do use their own scoring. But, the CRAs and OCs run the risk that if they dive head first into their own formula, it could yield FEWER subprimes and that's just bad for bidniz.