I sent afni a DV letter CMRRR after finding them on my credit report and in response to this letter they sent me a settlement offer without doing any validation. Isn't this a violation for continued collection activity? This settlement letter was dated 11/02/07 and the CMRRR green card shows they received my letter on the 31st of October. How should I proceed?

This is a violation. Sending a settlement letter is further activity. I would look to see what other violation I have on them b4 I decide to sue? Some people on this site use violatons to negotiate their debts. I don't. I let the violations be just that. I let ca's do whatever they gone do in regards to collecting a debt. I fight their rights to collect separately.

That's what I thought. I'll definitely let them rack up the violations. After years of dealing with depression and letting bills go I am now getting my life back on track and trying to clean up my credit report. These agencies that thought that I will be another one that would just sit by can thank Asset Acceptance for waking the sleeping giant. These folks sued for an out of sol debt needless to say I didn't play their game and filed my answer along with a countersuit.

• 1 month later...

My afni hassle continues. I disputed with all three credit reports and Equifax deleted them and about 3 or 4 day later they popped back up with the old info but also a new one with the same info except it has the name cingular in front of the account number. This makes two baddies on my report for the same thing. I also got a letter back from afni after I sent the validation letter. In their letter they are wanting copies of my drivers license, any receipts or copies of statements and other info they should already have. I sent them another letter stating that their letter is insufficient for validation and I am demanding that they remove all negative information from my reports within 15 days. Reckon I'll get their attention this time to validate or will my next letter to them have to be little stronger worded such as stating that they will force me to seek leagal council to bring suit under the FDCPA?

My DH had the same thing happened. AFNI showed up on his CR for an account with Verizon...he never had Verizon. We took the initial contact to be on his CR, sent a DV and got back the same "we can't investigate, we need DL, etc, etc" but they verified with the CRAs within Days of disputing it.

I sent an 'ultimatum' letter back to them, much like you, and a few days after getting the greencard back, they were gone from all three CRs.

:goodluck: