Unable to verify identity

I got a denial from GEMB that says they were unable to verify my identity, is this something I could challenge? That was the only reason given. I have 3 other accounts with them, duh!!! They didn't even ask for additional information they just denied me. :?

Call them and find out why exactly they were not able to identify about yourself. They should be able to tell you even though the denial letter they send out probably will not tell you exactly what they could not verify.

It irritates me that places deny you due to inability to verify identity. Chase BillMeLater did this to me due to my fraud alert. I called them and said "you're supposed to call me to verify my identity...that's the point of a fraud alert." They lady was very nice and said she'd have a supervisor call me to do it over the phone, and they never did.

Ribit the same exact thing happened to me, however, I did call and they told me somthing bs about my phone number not matching, I explained that my phone was through Vonage. I do have a FA on my credit report, so I did expect them to ask some questions they only asked for the phone number. I called them today and demanded a manager because the CSR knew nothing. I told her this was unacceptable because it did not say what about my identity was unacceptable. She also said make sure I call the credit bureau and get all my information updated. I told her nothing had changed and she kept apologizing telling me she understands. I told her that she could not possible understand because she keeps repeating herself and not answering my questions. She then told me to send in a utility bill and phone bill to ask for a reconsideration. I told her that was a bunch of bogus s**t. But I am going to do and see what the excuse is next.

:shock:

nope no fraud alert, I just called them and they asked a couple of questions and then put me on hold and said it was denied, :(. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I just had a huge bone to pick with CITI after they denied me for not having a home phone. After I sent a letter to the CEO Ken Stork, telling him that they were dening people credit based on whether they had a home phone or not. I got a $4000 CL with them.

Don't just accept that the CSR told you that you where denied. Found out exactly why you were denied, call them again. You will have one (if not more) inquiry on you credit report because of this. So make sure that you do all you can to get approved. I agree with you, they should have asked for more information, but they won't because that means more work for them. It's one thing to get denied because your credit was not up to their standards, but to be told you are being denied credit based on the fact they couldn't verify your identity is insane.

I got two like that, one from Walmart and one from Belks. When I called to get to the bottom of it, they said my letter shouldn't have said that. It should have said too low of score. (they've been having letter problems)

Best they did was mail me a new Belk application to reinitiate through the mail. Which, I promptly tossed in the trash.

GEMB did the same thing to my DH. He applied 3 or 4 times with them. Each time they said to just apply again and that the only reason why they didn't approve was because his phone number doesnt match. That was a bunch of bs.

His number is listed in his CR, they could have easily called to verify like other creditors. We could have taken it further and write letters but we were so frustrated with them that we no longer wanted the card.

GEMB did the same thing to my DH. He applied 3 or 4 times with them. Each time they said to just apply again and that the only reason why they didn't approve was because his phone number doesnt match. That was a bunch of bs.

His number is listed in his CR, they could have easily called to verify like other creditors. We could have taken it further and write letters but we were so frustrated with them that we no longer wanted the card.

Don't let those CC companies "run over" you like that. If you applied for credit you will have an inquiry and you should benefit from that.

I got a denial from GEMB that says they were unable to verify my identity, is this something I could challenge? That was the only reason given. I have 3 other accounts with them, duh!!! They didn't even ask for additional information they just denied me. :?

I always get the same response.