sharbear1978

Question on SOL in PA

I have been fighting this CA for a couple months now. They entered a claim against me in small claims court, I counterclaimed and won by default judgment (they didn't show).

Now they are appealing it and I am looking into getting an attorney. I have a question about Pennsylvania's Statute of Limitations. I am hearing two different lengths.

Most information I am getting is that the SOL for CC is 4 years in PA. I contacted a local attorney about representing me and he informed me that written agreements are 6 years in PA.

I thought that it WAS 6 years and is NOW 4 years. Anyone have any information on this??

This is what I originally thought (4 years). But, when this local attorney told me it was 6 years...I thought twice about it. I guess I don't want him to represent me!!!

The SOL for PA is 4 yrs., however, your attorney may have been confused as the time limit to collect on an in-state or out of state judgment is 6 yrs. :)++

Just because he is a laywer doesn't mean he is right.. I had a lawyer tell me the SOL in NC was 10 years.. thats for contract under SEAL... not a credit card which is three years... they don;t always know