hopelesscred

Mortgage LATES REMOVED!!!

I have been sending GW letters monthly to my mortgage co and after 6 or seven letters or so....they finally removed ALL of my lates--EQ and EX lates gone...TU still reporting but I will wait a few days as they could be slow. No fico boost yet...but that usually takes a few days or so.

Persistence paid off...what did it?---a letter to the CEO. On my previous letters I kept getting form letters from their credit dept "no we can't change..blah, blah...."...yeah right...

hopefully TU updates tomm :D

What is GW?

GoodWill letter.

Go HERE for a list of the abbreviations we use all the time around here.

Most folks get impatient with GW..this is my first successful one and it was extremely difficult...I have been writing since June..six or seven letters later, I now have a clean mortgage TL with a perfect history.

Here are some pointers:

Be persistent...writing to their credit dept got me nowhere...CEO office. deletion

Stay away from form letters--need to write a personal note since u are at their mercy.

Lastly--I am sure the current mortgage debacle may have helped a little.

I simply told them I screwed up and I have taken steps to correct my past mistakes, ended the letter with the usual embellishments..."you have been a great mortgage co...the very best...and I look forward to many years..."

They now have a very loyal customer.

I have been sending GW letters monthly to my mortgage co and after 6 or seven letters or so....they finally removed ALL of my lates--EQ and EX lates gone...TU still reporting but I will wait a few days as they could be slow. No fico boost yet...but that usually takes a few days or so.

Persistence paid off...what did it?---a letter to the CEO. On my previous letters I kept getting form letters from their credit dept "no we can't change..blah, blah...."...yeah right...

AWWESOME!!! ::BigDance::

Congrats! :mrgreen:

Care to name the company? I'm more inclined to do business with companies that treat their customers like more than an entry in a ledger somewhere.

Awesome! thats great news ..

Yeah never take no for an answer. TU does update slow, I bet they update it may just take longer.

Thank you all...TU did finally update...

Company is First Horizons and they have a customer for life....:D

They don't sell their paper and have always treated me with the utmost care and respect....I got in trouble with my mortgage 2.5 years ago..They lowered my rate to 5.87% from 7.5% and rolled the past due payments back into the loan...During the process--the rep was very supportive ...I messed up again--like an idiot, 12 months ago with a 30 day late...

I started writing GW letters in June and kept getting denied---two weeks ago after my sx denial--I decided to appeal to the CEO and that did it..

I now have a 7 year old mortgage TL with perfect payment history :lol:

Sadly no FICO boost...perhaps my new macys 200 CL is hurting me at this point..no matter I have other baddies to remove.

Did you just address it to CEO or did you call to find out the CEO's name?

Congratulations!

Rhonda