whocares

Fun and games with Orchard Bank

Geeze, I paid them off a short time ago and was waiting for them to post the update...they finally did and I called to cancel the card...I do not want to pay the fees again and I want my 500.00 secured deposit back...

Well I had to go thru 4 people before they would let me cancel...

Before that they refunded me 129.90...for fees I should not have had to pay...and they tried the "let us unsecure you" first...I said No I don't want to fight about it...I just want to close the account...

Second CS person says well the account has been in good standing for 4 years, why do you want to close it....I do not want to pay the fees...I'll waive the fees...I don't want to fight about it...please lets just close the account...

Third CS person...we can't close the account it has a negative balance...I said yes I over paid by 9.20 I sent a little extra in case I did not figure the interest right...but we can't close the account when we owe you money...I said then send me a check....I don't want to fight about it....please just close the account.

4th cs person...we can't close the account because it would close your HSBC account too...WTF...I said HSBC account has nothing to do with this secured card...I just paid it off and want to close the account...Ok I'll close the account if your sure...Yes I'm sure....I don't want to fight about it...Please just close the account I don't plan on using it...well are you interested in credit life protection...No Please just close the account...OK You'll hear from us in a few days

I hope I do hear from them in the form of a check...it's was like pullong teeth to close that account and I'm not sure it will be done...I'll keep ya'll posted.

Geeze, I paid them off a short time ago and was waiting for them to post the update...they finally did and I called to cancel the card...I do not want to pay the fees again and I want my 500.00 secured deposit back...

Well I had to go thru 4 people before they would let me cancel...

Before that they refunded me 129.90...for fees I should not have had to pay...and they tried the "let us unsecure you" first...I said No I don't want to fight about it...I just want to close the account...

Second CS person says well the account has been in good standing for 4 years, why do you want to close it....I do not want to pay the fees...I'll waive the fees...I don't want to fight about it...please lets just close the account...

UHm,, so you said u didnt want to pay the fees, so why when Orchard stated they would waive the fees did you decline?? That would have been a good TL. Throw it in the sock drawer

that sounds like the song and dance you get when trying to cancel something after a trial period. I hate it. Just do what I asked you to do. Usually when they start talking I do something like this.

them: well we would like to offer you blah blah blah

me: hello

them: hello

me: hello hello

them: hello

me: oh you can hear me, I said I just want to cancel. thank you.

Works well on telemarketers too.

I was going to call and cancel mine because of the annual fee. I had already paid it off, and called. I knew they would offer either me 50% credit of the fee or raise the limit. After talking to them, I took the double the limit offer and pay the annual fee. I figure I will just pay the minimum of $15 on it (so it will take 3 months to pay the annual fee off) and that will give me a higher limit on it which will help me with my ratios. After another year, then I will cancel. I should be good by then.

Again I called to close the account, I recieved a letter stating they could not waive the annual fee....My account had not been open long enough??? 4 years in good standing is not long enough?

First person, why do you want to close your account? I have other credit now and would like to close this account. I do not want to pay the annual fee and I would like my 500.00 deposit back...I can't close your account, you have a negetive balance. 120.00...Yes I know, they were supposed to send me 129.20 and all I recieved was 9.20...well I can't close the account witha negetive balance, let me transfer you....

Second person...Hi ms Whocares, you want to close your account....yes I do...may I ask why? I don't want to pay the annual fee and I want my overpayment and deposit back...Overpayment? I see it looks like you were refunded 120.00 last month...yes it was an overcharge...I was supposed to be refunded last month 129.20 and all I got was 9.20...well I can get that check sent out...and I can waive you fees...Well thats what they told me last month and then I got a letter saying they cannot, so please just close the account....Ok I will you will be getting your refund in 14 days....

So we shall see again...

Insane! I would be on the phone with them every hour until I got it closed. They just want to keep jerking you around and getting more fees out of you, hoping you won't call them back to ask for a refund.

But that reminds me I need to call OB to see if they are going to waive my annual fee this year.

Ok finally closed and recieved a check today....for the 120.00 they owed me.

still no info on my 500.00 deposit yet

Tell them if they do not ship your check today, you will contact the OCC and the AG. Tell them they are stealing from you.

I cant stand orchard there a bunch or jerks! IMO

I had an account with them in good standings, Never late not once it went over limit Etc. I only had them open long enough to estabilish credit. (Secured Account) After one year i decided to close my account and they gave me the run around like what your going threw. I spoke to several reps and was told my account was closed and my $$$ was sent. After the first 2 month nada so i called again and was told the same thing your account is closed and you deposit was sent. so i spoke with a supervisior and she told me im sorry the check was never issued. I was like WTF! So she told me sorry and that she would personally see that it would be sent that day.. Fair enough i said and told her TY. I waited again another month and still nothing so i called again this time i had her Ext #. I spoke with her again and she said it was mailed and must be lost. Again she said she would maill out my Deposit. Well long story short it took 8 months to recieve my Deposit after threatening to sue them. I will never deal with them again. And anyone that opens a secured account be carefull.

I also had a secured Orchard account for about 3 years. I've been keeping it in the soc drawer for the past year b/c they would not unsecure me (keep in mind I've had an HSBC plat. card for over a year with a limit 4X my secured limit). I called and cancelled my card in October- 1 call, 1 rep everything was done. I recieved my deposit check plus a bit of piddly interest within 3 weeks.

I'm sorry that your experiences have sucked so much. Maybe b/c my card wasn't seeing any action is why they closed it with no hassel.

Listen to what happened to me today!! I called hsbc, and talked to this nice lady about my orchard card, apparently when i changed my addy the mail people threw a loop and returned a ton of my mail, so i was told a new card was on the way to my home, and i then said i want to cancel the account because i want a better card, and she said well this card is a rewards card and gives me 2 percent cash back, so then she said hey i can't waive the AF but i will increase your card to a 500CL, which I thought was great! I haven't even gotten the card but she increased it for me, then she said in a few months it will be looked at again for another CLI. Then i said well what can u do for me on my rewards zone mastercard from best buy and she said, I can throw ya on a extra 100 bucks and in a few more months to be looked at for another CLI!!! SO I got a 850 on my one card now, and a 500 instead of a 300 CLI.. I hear this is rare with HSBC, but i feel it is all on who u get!! YAY

FINALLY recieved my 509.83 check today, 9.83 in interest in 5 years....

I am glad I finally got it back to pay off some of these holiday bills...

and when I called the automated system told me my account was closed, still showing as open on the reports...