GetCredit

3 New Approvals Thanks to you!

Hi!

I've been a member for quite a while but this is my first post. This board has helped me so much! Reading everyone's accomplishments always gives me confidence to apply for new credit. Since Friday (11/16/07), after reading the forums again, I applied and got approved for Hooters (applied Friday night, don't know CL yet), Target (applied Saturday, don't know CL yet), and Kay's today $1,500 CL. I'm thinking of applying for either a Best Buy or Dell's. Are either of these difficult to get?

I have a BK that was discharged 9/2002. As of 11/16/07 my scores are: EQ - 615, EX - 636, TU - 653. I just disputed five collection accounts (same collection agency, very small amounts), that I believe were included in the BK.

Over the last four years I've gotten these credit cards:

HSBC (5/03) - $300 increased slowly to $980

First Premier (6/03) - $400 no increases

Capital One (7/03) $300 no increases

Dillards (11/03) $1200 several increases now at $2200

Merrick (11/04) $1200 several increases now at $2300

Care Credit (3/07) $5000

I've also gotten four different small car loans (each paid off before getting the next)

Thank you everyone for your inspiration.

Dell will likely give you a good CL but stick you with an APR in nosebleed seats.

Best Buy is a bit harder to get. It's a tossup, you may or may not be approved. The BK and outstanding accounts might be too much of a hurdle, despite an otherwise qualifying score.

Thanks Everyone!

Hellard - Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time getting credit. I know how frustrating it is. Have you tried a credit union? All of my car loans have been through my credit union.

I did apply for the Dell and was approved for $2000 - Shortbus, you're so right about the astronimical interest rate! I'll probably never use it.

Congratulations, rmiller0410 on the Best Buy MC. I should have applied for that instead of the Dell. But, I think I'll hold off on applying for anything else for a while.

I did apply for the Dell and was approved for $2000 - Shortbus, you're so right about the astronimical interest rate! I'll probably never use it.

Though the Dell TL is considered an "installment" rather than "open/revolving" account. This helps diversify your CR, which adds a small bump to your FICO. For me, I'll be buying something small (something I can pay off within 4-5 months) just for this reason.