Holiday Recipes

Pre-heat your oven to OFF.

Go to your local HyVee, Kroger, Giant Eagle, whatever.

Tell them you want a turkey dinner with all the fixin's.

Pick it up weds evening.

(HyVee here in nowhere Iowa will give you a 25lb bird, oven roasted, butter basted, sage stuffing, gravy, 10 pounds mashed potatoes, 24 dinner rolls, and three pies (apple, pumpkin, cherry) for $65 bucks. Add another $25, and they'll throw in a 15lb spiral sliced honey glazed ham with potato salad.)

None of those really sound very good.

We never have leftovers... and it sucks because I like to make Turkey Enchiladas with a white sauce after.

So, the guy on the Food Network with the dyed blonde hair that visits restaurants around the county was a a place called The Big Bird in Kansas (I think) that served a turkey...

Deboned completely, so that all you've got is the breast and legs attached.

Flattened. Stuffed with a chicken, treated the same way. Then Stuffed with a duck. Then tied back up to look like a regular turkey. And baked at 350 for 5 hours.

Looked good...the blonde said it tasted really rich...

(I was gonna look up the recipe for you, but www.foodnetwork.com is running really slow today...)

So, the guy on the Food Network with the dyed blonde hair that visits restaurants around the county was a a place called The Big Bird in Kansas (I think) that served a turkey...

Deboned completely, so that all you've got is the breast and legs attached.

Flattened. Stuffed with a chicken, treated the same way. Then Stuffed with a duck. Then tied back up to look like a regular turkey. And baked at 350 for 5 hours.

Looked good...the blonde said it tasted really rich...

(I was gonna look up the recipe for you, but www.foodnetwork.com is running really slow today...)

A Turducken....

We had one of those a few years ago... I wasn't that impressed...

I think you should give up this whole turkey recipe search idea and go Tofurkey! Much better for you, the environment....and, obviously, some lucky turkey! You can still have all the other goodies and great big salad.

And just think! Without all that tryptophan putting you to sleep, you can watch all the football games you want!

Personally, I'm not a big turkey fan, but the cafeteria here where I work serves a Sliced turkey on chulupah bread with cranberry sauce and stuffing...on the sandwhich...that I find pretty good.

Me...I'll got for the Honey Baked ham and potato salad tommorrow. And the wine. Can't forget the wine. (DW bought me a small Cuisinart 6 bottle frig for an early christmas present. I guess I'm gonna have to use it just to humor her).

Nope. We are getting a free range bird though...

I'm not really searching for a recipe anymore... but I thought others might want to share any old recipe that had for anything. SInce that doesn't seem to be the case I'm going to un-sticky this since there are too many stickies in here at the moment...

:)

I just heard about this today! Don't like the first 4 letters of that name. :cool:

:dunno:

You're right! I didn't even notice that but that's not such a great name. How about Duckey? Ducktur?

What if they threw some ham in it? Duckhamtur?

Or took the duck out? Turkham?

No, doesn't work...

ok..back to work...