Can CA's help modify Credit Report

fivehua

I have an account in collection, Chase Bank was the original creditor. They have it listed as a charge-off.

I am nearing my SOL (4 yrs in TX) and would like to negotiate a settlement with the current CA for about 15-20%. My questions are as follows:

1. Does the CA have the ability to help correct the "Charge-Off" from Chase, to "Paid"?

or

2. If I settle with the CA for 15-20%, can I write a letter to the original creditor asking that since I settled with the CA, would they be kind enough to change my Credit Report to read "Paid"? (Goodwill jesture)

I know, you're asking why settle when so close to SOL?

Answer, I got a job as a contractor for the government. It pays well but requires I maintain a security clearance. The Security Clearance people frown on debt problems, they think it could be a security risk.

I have an account in collection, Chase Bank was the original creditor. They have it listed as a charge-off.

I am nearing my SOL (4 yrs in TX) and would like to negotiate a settlement with the current CA for about 15-20%. My questions are as follows:

1. Does the CA have the ability to help correct the "Charge-Off" from Chase, to "Paid"?

or

2. If I settle with the CA for 15-20%, can I write a letter to the original creditor asking that since I settled with the CA, would they be kind enough to change my Credit Report to read "Paid"? (Goodwill jesture)

I know, you're asking why settle when so close to SOL?

Answer, I got a job as a contractor for the government. It pays well but requires I maintain a security clearance. The Security Clearance people frown on debt problems, they think it could be a security risk.

In the event the debt was purchased by the CA:

#1- - then the 2 TLs are separate entities and neither influence the other

#2- - Chase will not care what so ever- that you settled with the CA. You will pay the CA and Chase will not get a penny of it- so trust me- Chase is NOT going to do you any favors- the best you can hope for is a "payment after CO/Collection"

My last activity on this debt was March 2004. It went to the CA in July or August. The CA never did put anything on my credit report, just the OC, and that was back in July 2004.

I wonder why the CA never placed anything on any of my credit reports? Not that I'm complaining.

My last activity on this debt was March 2004. It went to the CA in July or August. The CA never did put anything on my credit report, just the OC, and that was back in July 2004.

I wonder why the CA never placed anything on any of my credit reports? Not that I'm complaining.

Sometimes it takes a while to show up. Sometimes they send the dunning letter before it shows. Who is the CA?