Can you settle with OC after they retain a CA

dargirl1645

I doubt the oc owns the debt any more. if they assinged it to the ca the ca can't sue you only the oc can. So if the CA is suing you and it's the OC's debt attack that angle. also if the CA does own the debt make sure they have proof of the chain of title to the debt. The more times the debt changes hands the less likely they can prove it.

I can get the same thing saying i got docs from an OC..it would just conveniently leave out the fact I dug thru thier dumpsters :p

So if they bought it......they KNEW it was bad debt.....I read somewhere here that if they knew it was bad debt when they bought it....they have no "breach of contract" or something to that effect....

I don't know if I did or not. I've ordered old bank statement. How do I make a legal request for them to prove it? Do I use the court disclosure form I got along with my notice to appear for mediation, state that i don't have knowledge of the payment they claim I made and have documents of my own showing I owe the debt (which I don't) and copy the CA?