bigjohnstud4200

Target Redcard increased to $5000

I've had my Target Redcard since June or so of this year. It started off with a $200 limit, then about 3 months later I noticed (online) that they increased me to $500. Today I log in and my limit is now $5000! I've been on vacation for over 3 weeks so I haven't seen any mail, but I'm guessing and hoping that it's an upgrade to the Target VISA. Anyone else have a redcard increased up this high without being switched to the VISA?

• Like 1

WOWEEE BJS!!

I got my increase to 500 right on the heels of your first increase which seems only a month or two ago... I'll definitely be checking this one daily as of the new statement... nice to get my Christmas present from them as well!!!

Did you just get a new statement? My date is the very end of the month.

Thanks everyone! I have not seen any statements yet since I have been out of town for so long, but my feeling is that it's the VISA. Another strange thing I noticed was that once I saw the increase I logged off of my account then went back and selected "Target VISA" instead of "Redcard" and logged in using my same login / password. It did log me in, but still said "Redcard" at the top. I'm not sure if I'll need to activate the Target VISA to see a different page or what. Can someone else with the Redcard try to login to the Target VISA page using your login info from the Redcard? Thanks.

BJS That is just great.

Now do you want to tell us how you used and paid the card to reach this status???

z

I got the card in June of this year with $200, went to $500 in September and then $5000 this month. My payment history with them was:

First 3 months I maxed the card off within 2 weeks then paid it off completely, then maxed out again. I did this the first three months and then I got increased to $500. At that time, I maxed it out twice in one month and paid it off, then I nearly maxed it out at about $450 and then carried the balance making a couple of payments within the month of $100 each, but I still charged on it so it hovered at around $450. I went online to make a payment yesterday and found the increase in my limit!

Large charges and subsequent large payments seem to be the best way to get credit limits increased. Several times I have completely paid a card down to zero only to find that it triggered a CLI, apparently.

I would even employ a strategy of getting hands on a large chunk of money, if possible, even temporarily, and making huge charges (if you have room on your card, charge your apartment rent or your car payment or something else huge), then pay it off. Then do the same on another card. Make the rounds charging and paying off and soon you'll have CLI's all over the place.

It took a couple years of never missing a payment to get them to bump me up to a Visa - and with a small CL. That will probably change if I keep my nose clean 8] with them. I had read elsewhere that Target was not BK friendly, so that's probably why I got the small CL. They just bump you when they think you deserve it. If you try calling them to request an increase (I tried several times with the Red card) they will just tell you the process is automated and they can not request it manually. I think that is BS and if you get the right person on the phone they can request anything they want, but that's what they told me.

I don't mean to butt in, but what are you jealous of, Studman? Her Macy's VISA? That looks very fine indeed. 6 grand - how on earth did you swing that, lady??

Dave (that's his real photo - he's my real hub) also applied for the Macy's VISA since he's had a red card there for well... probably longer than some people on this board are old - and he's waiting and waiting on their reply....

I don't mean to butt in, but what are you jealous of, Studman? Her Macy's VISA? That looks very fine indeed. 6 grand - how on earth did you swing that, lady??

Dave (that's his real photo - he's my real hub) also applied for the Macy's VISA since he's had a red card there for well... probably longer than some people on this board are old - and he's waiting and waiting on their reply....

Yes, jealous of the Macy's VISA. grrrrr! I would love to apply for the Macy's VISA, but they use EX and I'm up to 8 INQ's there and don't want any more! Actually, I'm leary of applying anyone that doesn't use EQ these days. I have lots of new credit dinging me.

I have absolutely no idea how I swung that. As a matter of fact, I'm still convinced that it's an error which will eventually be corrected. I applied in store with a rather large purchase next to me and I'm not sure if that had any impact on their credit decision. Either way, I have both the Macy's store card and the Macy's Visa - neither of which are being used now that my luggage has been purchased and PIF. ;)

..But now that I have my Target card, I'm planning on seeing how quickly I can get that upgraded to the visa, just for the hell of it. *sigh*

Wow - $6K on a Macy's Visa. I have my fingers and toes crossed. I have had a $1K Macy's store card since 87 with no negatives and currently paid in full. I emailed their credit support and asked to be considered for a Macy's Visa and they put me through to Rajeeev Igiveyoumoola in India and he pulled my credit report and billing history while on the phone. After asking me some security questions he told me that he was recommending that I be approved for "conversion" to a Macy's Visa, but it would take at least one billing cycle to complete. So we'll see what happens. :roll:

Congrats BJSTD!!!

I applied on a whim for target a few monthss ago--they pulled EQ and told me to piss off..LOL....

no love from target :-( but may try for recon if I can get a few more deletes b4 the end of the year by req EQ to send an updated report to them

Wow - $6K on a Macy's Visa. I have my fingers and toes crossed. I have had a $1K Macy's store card since 87 with no negatives and currently paid in full. I emailed their credit support and asked to be considered for a Macy's Visa and they put me through to Rajeeev Igiveyoumoola in India and he pulled my credit report and billing history while on the phone. After asking me some security questions he told me that he was recommending that I be approved for "conversion" to a Macy's Visa, but it would take at least one billing cycle to complete. So we'll see what happens. :roll:

I have my fingers crossed for you! :) I'm telling you - I don't know how I got lucky, but I think it was pretty random and not necessarily the most fair to everyone else. My FICOs can't be that great...I'm waiting to pull them until December 4th.

And I don't understand what's up with the India call centers. They're irritating as all hell. It's not that they don't speak English...It's the fact that I can't understand them half of the time because their accent is too thick. And not only that...But it's incredibly irritating when they repeat everything you say but cannot answer any of your questions. Terribly sorry for the vent folks. Just had to do it. :evil: