bigjohnstud4200

Target Redcard increased to $5000

Congrats VB.....

Now I'm going to chk my reports to see if there are any soft pulls. My next closing date is Jan 5th. Im hoping for the VISA too. Seems that they're very generous when they switch you to the VISA. In the meantime I will continu to use the card and make multiple payments. :p:p:p:p:p

What we like to do is when the statement comes out is make at least the minimum on it (just in case anything happens...at least he won't be late on it, which he was notorious for before I took over the finances haha) and then later on, make a larger payment on it.

They pulled his EQ when he was given the Target Love and his score at the time was 504. But they soft pull his EX which was 632 on 11/24. Since then he's had an old paid collection deleted and a new installment account added. We're going to wait until either the beginning or end of January to see his new scores.

Oh and here's to the praying...((ChristPogo))((ChristPogo))

8-)

So I tried to online dispute again at Experian and they blocked me on each, stating that they've already verified it so nothing got accomplished. But they sent me a new report AS IF I had actually disputed (and renewed my FA to boot)... and I noticed a soft from Target on there... this probably explains why no 5k love for me this month.

not that I'm arguing, but what definition? I am too lazy to look into the FCRA right now, well at least look into it more than attempting a "find in page = soft pull". LOL

I am not sure if it is actually defined in the FCRA but somewhere it says a soft inquiry can only be viewed by you. Therefore a 3rd party would not be able to show them to you on the reports they provide. I wish there was a way around this for credit monitoring purposes.

I am not sure if it is actually defined in the FCRA but somewhere it says a soft inquiry can only be viewed by you. Therefore a 3rd party would not be able to show them to you on the reports they provide. I wish there was a way around this for credit monitoring purposes.

OK I'm bored....I'll see if I can find the FCRA text :p

Be right back

You can see your softs by using EX's back door.

It's been a LONG LONG time since I was able to pull a TU report online through their back door (I am locked out) but it seems softs show there as well.

EQ credit watch shows you the softs as well.

You can see your softs by using EX's back door.

It's been a LONG LONG time since I was able to pull a TU report online through their back door (I am locked out) but it seems softs show there as well.

EQ credit watch shows you the softs as well.

Thanks Merkur. I remembered I had seen soft inquiries somewhere... I just pulled up my Experian with a old report number I had.. Shows a TNB-Target inquiry (soft) on 12/10. Hmmmmm!

OK Folks... I left a small balance on my 200 Red Card last time I paid instead of PIF. Last nite I went to Target #1 and charged a DVD set for my DD, but this a.m. I realized I had bought the wrong TV show. So, today I returned the DVDs to Target #2 and bought the right set. When I checked out using my Red Card again, the nice clerk asked me if I wanted to upgrade to a VISA! I asked her if I needed to go to the service desk and she said she could do it from her register. I started to do it but there were two smokin' hot women in line behind me and I feared the "Oh - I'm sorry - You were not approved" response from the clerk, so I declined! You see... Good Credit IS Sexy! I'm just not sure I have it yet. DAMMIT!

Looking back, somebody posted that they heard Target is converting all their cards to Visa. Maybe they are!

The pregnant 16 year old cashier last nite was in a foul mood and she didn't give a rat's behind how I paid.

I'm going back to the nice cashier at Targt #2 tomorrow and I may give it a go!

Oh Rats!. I can understand what you mean. I shop at Macys all the time and when the cashier asks if I would like a Macys card I tell them no.

I sure do hope that you get the upgrade. How long have you had the card?

:p

Congrats hasas

Pointman it usually take 3 months for the first increase. After that the word is that your account is reviewed every 30 days. The best time is to chk on the stmt closing date.(day of and day after).

I have been checking my account online as well. I'm actually still searching the Target threads to find out how long it takes to switch from the store card to the VISA and if many are getting that huge increase once they convert or if they periodically raise the limits.

crossing my fingers for you.

• Like 1