Two Fradulent debits out of different checking accounts through m-billing.com

BLUTISH

Last month I noticed I had a ACH go through my bank account(we will call this acct #1) for $29.99 it said it was from Effex media billed through a third party billing company called m-billing.com. I immediately called my bank and they said that it has already been paid and that they cannot return the charge (Needless to say I am going to a credit union this week and will close all accounts that I have with them-obviously my bank SUCKS A$$). I googled Effex media and got a phone number for them. I spoke with the legal department and they told me it was not their company, infact they have interpol & FBI involved. I then contacted m-billing.com (by e-mail) and told them that they had fraudently debited my account and I wanted my money returned immediately! They did return my money within 2 days.

Last week I noticed another debit had been made on my joint account (acct#2)for what...$29.99! Again went through all the crap again this time the supposed companys name was Brenen media-no such luck googling them, but e-mailed m-billing.com yada yada they returned my money again within 2 days.

I then called my lawyer for advisement, he is looking into who do I sue and is the amount of money I am going to pay him worth the cost of the 2x$29.99 debits (nothing bounced-I had my money returned)etc...

So check your accounts every day!! Look out for the magicical $29.99!

WHERE IS MY INFO GETTING STOLEN FROM?? I bet it is from those places that use telechek,scan etc...I think I am going back to good ole fashion CASH!

Blutish

Good advise. It IS a good idea to monitor your accounts consistently. We closed one of our businesses and no longer needed the credit card machine. 6 weeks after the actual cancellation took place, I had all docs saved, I get monthly charges of $39.99 from the credit card machine company and a $29.99 from one of the credit card companies. :evil: I was able to dispute those as unauthorized charges and they were reversed back into my account. I'm sure if we never monitored these thiefs would have gotten away with our money.