debtmamma

weight loss

ADIPEX!!...run 4 miles a day...eat only fish/chicken/vegetables

You'll notice I don't mention the margarita's or martini's!! (I figure I'm so strict with everything else liquids don't count!!)

Ok I'll join in now that I'm about as back to normal as one can get.

In January I had started working out because I wanted to give my mom a kidney. In less than a month and a half I had lost 35 lbs. Had to stop going to the gym when my mom got sick so i could take care of her. But now that she is gone, I signed back up for the gym and will get myself there as soon as I can get myself to leave the apartment. When I was going to the gym I went 5 times a week. Did 2 mile warm up, a class in water aerobics/water boxing/resistance training, and then did sets of 300 on machines targetting specific areas. Was usually there for about 3-4 hrs but felt so good doing it even when I was sore. I need to feel good again, so nothing like beating yourself up at the gym. ;)

Adipex does work........my primary physician will only give it to you if your BMI is >30 and she will give you up to 2 months but you have to follow up after 1st month. Once you drop below 30 BMI, thats it no more. It is good for a jump start. If used with a well balance diet like Lisajt said or WW it works like a charm.

I hate Water, but it is so true about needing 8 glasses a day especially if you are a Coffee junkie like me....Ladies, if you feel a bit bloated drink green or white tea..good hot or cold uust watch out for the premixed bottled kind they have lots of sugar......I swear it flushes you out and really does make a difference. Stay away from carbonated drinks of any kind.......even sugar free!

I was told many times that 30 minutes a day/5 days per week of exercise is all that is needed even if it is done in 3 -10 minute or 2 -15 intervals..even if its just a brisk walk........bottom line...just move...

Another thing I learned on my weight loss journey, never ever allow yourself to go hungry! Many times when you think your hungry, you're really not, your thirsty. Remember, depriving the body of food and water only trips the body's mechanism into thinking its in starvation mode and therefore, it hangs on to every morsel of food and drink because it doesn't know when it will be fed again. Just reach for a healthy snack not the yummy yummy ones we all crave.

Another thing that helped me, it is Not a DIET, it is a lifestyle change.......

I love food, I love to eat, all I had to do is change what I ate. Believe me, I still splurge here and there........and then jump back on the band wagon!

If anyone needs a weight loss buddy, let me know! Having a buddy to vent to, helps alot!

Lisajt, I'm with you on the martinis and margaritas. I allow myself a few (sometimes more) of those once a week! I love Pomtinis!!!

Good Luck everyone

OMG I finally got myself to leave the house after 2 weeks, went to the gym and spent 3 hours there. OMG, OMG, OMG my a$$ hurts sooooo bad now! I can't wait till ALL of my body follows in pain tomorrow. lol. I also have an appt with the doctor so I'm going to see if I can get some weight loss help in that little compact capsule.

Good Luck with the Doc, isislc...........get the DH to massage that booty! lol

some Ibuprofen and you'll be feeling as good as new and ready for tomorrow's workout!!!

MY Dh just made freakin chocolate chip cookies!! what a B**tard! LOL

OMG I finally got myself to leave the house after 2 weeks, went to the gym and spent 3 hours there. OMG, OMG, OMG my a$$ hurts sooooo bad now! I can't wait till ALL of my body follows in pain tomorrow. lol. I also have an appt with the doctor so I'm going to see if I can get some weight loss help in that little compact capsule.

Oooh - but after a while you start to love those sore muscles. I really miss it when I'm not feeling a little of that soreness someplace. ;)

You kids keep it up - maybe you'll make it to my age! :lol:

Green Giant Simply Steam Baby Vegetable Medley...only 40 calories per serving (2 servings in the box)...throw it in the microwave at work (on a 12 hour shift,32 patients, in between the 9AM, 1PM and 5PM med passes, 2 treatment rounds, 24 Medicare charts, etc.)...sometimes its all you have time for!! (and its actually fabulous)!!

Another FAV...Columbo Light Yogurt (any flavor) with a cup of Fiber One cereal mixed in...about 160 calories...delicious...and it almost tastes like a pie with a graham cracker crust!!

Oh yeah, you guys, when I got home and had to wake hubby up for work I plopped down on the bed and moaned that i needed my a$$ massaged, he laughed and didn't do it. I know after a while I'll love it again. Earlier in the year I was going 5 days a week for 3-4 hours and I felt great. My back never hurted (bulged disk), my legs never hurt (water retention), knees felt great (torn acl in one and never had surgery to repair) it was great! Then when I stopped is when all my aching joints came back. It was just getting myself back out that door and stop feeling guilty that my mom is gone. I took care of her that's all that mattered and she was always the first one to tell me that I looked like I lost more weight when I worked out. I like to get in some water aerobics, water boxing, 2 miles on treadmill in half an hour, 450 leg crunches/stretches with water resistance on each side, and sets of 200 each on target areas like butt/legs/arms/abs, then 20 mins cycling. Most of that was my normal workout for a day. lol. Yeah I killed myself but lost weight fast.

As for Ibuprofen, I don't even take it when I work out, I lavish in the pain of it. Gets addicting after a while like credit repair. lol. I usually go for a whey protein shake right away. The whey protein hits the system faster and starts the healing process on the muscles. By the next day you don't feel as sore as you should. It works pretty good. That shake and a soy protein bar were my dinner last night. For a snack I like to eat the light and fit yogurt with a teaspoon of "birdsee" (flaxseed and other ingredients for reducing cholesterol). I monitor the hospital systems and don't directly interact with patients so I have time to make whatever I want. We have an employee classified so I put up wanted requests for Nutrisystem food, get it real cheap. So that ends up being my my dinner and lunch I usually have a salad and fruit when it's not so damn cold outside. I hate water though, gonna have to get back into drinking it. I LOvvvveee my Coke though. Yes, i still lose weight even with my 1 can of coke and 1 can of coke one a day. hee hee. The veggies are good too, I've had some of those. Since most of the veggies are really freebies, in the box we're only paying a few calories for the preservatives but they still taste great.

We should start posting our weight loss here and all use this for our support group I think it would be great. Give each other ideas on eating. But I do like the idea of pie with graham cracker crust. lol. When I went to pick up my sun from his grandma she called me on my way home to tell me she forgot to send me my pie, I was like that's ok I don't need any pie. :D

I admire your determination..The longest I can handle at the gym is 1 hour!

Water helps with achy musles.........I hate water too, I get it down by squeezing fresh lemon juice into it, lots of ice and a touch of splenda....When I first started my weight loss journey I drank alot of flavored water, then to cut back I would mix 1/2 flavored 1/2 plain and now I'm down to plain with lemon juice. I know with me, if I stop drinking my water, the weight loss stalls, but then as soon as I flush out my system it starts right back up again........

I love Fiber One, but I only like the one with Honey Clusters..The Fiber One Bars are yummy too!..I learned from a nutritionist to make sure you get enough Fiber 25-35g per day. It will help especially with belly weight. If you don't eat alot of fiber now and want to increase your fiber, don't do it all at once, increase it gradually or it may cause belly aches......The daily recommended allowance is especially true for women approaching perimenapause/menopause. It s**ks getting old!

I love the idea of a support group....whether it's 10 or 100 lbs to lose, it's so much nicer to have support.......

I lost 40 gained 10 back and I like to lose 20 which would put me mid range of my goal weight................

Getting enough fiber is really tough for me. I never was a big veggie eater anyway... so I struggle with it.

Anyway-after week 1 I've lost 7 pounds. I know the first week is the easiest... but its something... and over the last 3 days I've started jogging in the house... once I build up a little stamina I'll take it outside...

26 pounds to go!

:)

Way to go, Loser!!! Get rid of that negativity!!! 7 lbs is great whether it's the first week or the 5th.....Don't get to fixated on the numbers, remember muscle weighs more than fat, therefore, even tho the scale doesn't budge, that doesn't mean your not becoming that mean and lean machine.......Focus more on inches loss, not lbs.......once you get those muscles burning, the ugly lbs will fall off.......

Fiber is a hard one......Fruits with the skin.....try that Fiber One with Honey Cluster cereal....One serving is 1/2 your daily allowance.......I sprinkle some splenda over cut a banana .........I am not a cereal eater at all.....Oatmeal is a good source of fiber too......Don't forget protein at each meal too, that shakes up the fat....fiber's job just helps push it out the bad stuff!!! LOL

I love it!!! you guys have just motivated me!! I needed to shaken up!!!

Thanks

Way to go, Loser!!! Get rid of that negativity!!! 7 lbs is great whether it's the first week or the 5th.....Don't get to fixated on the numbers, remember muscle weighs more than fat, therefore, even tho the scale doesn't budge, that doesn't mean your not becoming that mean and lean machine.......Focus more on inches loss, not lbs.......once you get those muscles burning, the ugly lbs will fall off.......

Fiber is a hard one......Fruits with the skin.....try that Fiber One with Honey Cluster cereal....One serving is 1/2 your daily allowance.......I sprinkle some splenda over cut a banana .........I am not a cereal eater at all.....Oatmeal is a good source of fiber too......Don't forget protein at each meal too, that shakes up the fat....fiber's job just helps push it out the bad stuff!!! LOL

I love it!!! you guys have just motivated me!! I needed to shaken up!!!

Thanks

Yeah but you have to remember too though that the lbs lost at least give us the feeling that we're getting there. I had lost 40lbs too and gained 12 of it back with my mom. Not too bad I think, 12 lbs in the 10 months since I've been at the gym. What I did to substitute for my water is drink the vitamin water. It's hard for me to drink down anything that is too acidic so the lemon added didn't work for me.

As for Snow, great! That's always a good start till you plateau. Just remember that your body will eventually get used to what you are doing so you should change what you do for your workout so that it keeps your body thinking. Not to mention, you want to keep that fiber up or you gonna end up with clogged pipes! lol. I already had that happen when I just couldn't eat. So soon after the funeral it just came easy to NOT eat. Well, I'm eating again and this time I want to lose weight! Alright guys, lets have our own Biggest Loser Woohoo!!!!

:BigDance:

After spinning out twice in the snowstorm we were having, AGAIN, I got to the Doctor and she gave me my prescription. She started me on a low dosage. Said that it's going to wire me up and I'll get less sleep. She already knows that I'm wired up and lucky if I sleep 3-4 hrs a day/night. lol. I see her in a month and she will see about bumping the dosage again.

How about we go a stretch of 4 months. At the end of 4 months we see where everyone is at. The person with the most weight loss at that time wins. The people who don't win, each ante up a $20 gift card to a NON food place for the person that did. lol. I say NON food place because we can't have sore losers buying gift cards for MdDs, Arby's and Taco Hell to tempt the poor soul. lol Anyways, it's like $5 for each of the months which is pretty cheap I think. We can start it on the first of the year that way others have a chance to get in if they choose to. Each person then posts their weight loss every 7 days. How does that sound?

Then if the people wish to, they can share their successes or what has worked for them with the rest of us guys. :p

As of today, I have lost 40 pounds in 4 1/2 months. I need to go about 60 more. But I have started. Most of it is coming off my stomach. I waited too long.

As for the fiber, I start the morning with oatmeal. I spice it up some with either cinammon or the fat free jelly that is only five calories. I also add a piece of cut up fruit. During the day, I snack on bananas, oranges, and apples. I eat a normal dinner, but a smaller portion than I used to. For my evening snack, I eat low fat yogurt with Fiberone on top to add a crunch. So I think I am getting my fiber.

I'm in for the Biggest Loser!

:)

I'd be willing to do this but I would not want to start until after the holidays. :?

My family is making LOTS of tamales for Christmas in memory of Grandma, Mom and sis. For years, all the women of the family would gather a couple days before Christmas and it would be a girls evening, boys would take all the kids to movies and women (including GF's, DIL's,) would sit around kitchen table with bottles of wine and music and make lots of tamales to be eaten on Christmas Eve. Since Mom died we just stopped doing it. :( Well, no more, we now have just made the commitment to honor this tradition. Sooooo, you see, I just luuuurve tamales and will have to eat lots of 'em. So no diet for me right now. But afer the holidays I will be ready to go full force! :)++

I'd be willing to do this but I would not want to start until after the holidays. :?

My family is making LOTS of tamales for Christmas in memory of Grandma, Mom and sis. For years, all the women of the family would gather a couple days before Christmas and it would be a girls evening, boys would take all the kids to movies and women (including GF's, DIL's,) would sit around kitchen table with bottles of wine and music and make lots of tamales to be eaten on Christmas Eve. Since Mom died we just stopped doing it. :( Well, no more, we now have just made the commitment to honor this tradition. Sooooo, you see, I just luuuurve tamales and will have to eat lots of 'em. So no diet for me right now. But afer the holidays I will be ready to go full force! :)++

I hear ya, my mom used to make tamales every year too and this is the first year we won't be doing it anymore. But like I said earlier, we can start on the first of the year then everyone will have been able to at least enjoy eating for the holidays.

Bubba, you need to be careful with the bananas. Although I love snacking on them myself, if you have too many they do start to affect your heart since they are high in potassium. But otherwise I snack like you do. You get more success grazing throughout the day instead of trying to define a snack time.

Ok guys, how is this.

1) Everyone who is going to participate needs to PM me by Jan 1. To join up, a $20 gift card will need to be donated.

2) The first round will last 3 months officially starting Jan 1st. Jan. 8 will be the first reporting for your weight loss for the week, including a general idea of what you did to get it. April 2nd will be the last reporting day for the 3 month period. On the 5th, the winner will be officially announced.

3) I'm hoping we can get an Admin involved here that can help with being our prize holder. :p Gift cards can be for anywhere but fast food gift cards are NOT allowed. We want to promote weight loss and a healthy lifestyle and fast food would be wayyy too much of a temptation. These gift cards will have to be sent to our prize holder by March 20th that way they can be sent out right away to our prize winner.

How does this sound guys? Concerns, comments, suggestions? We will also start a separate thread for just the contest.

Oh yeah, as I posted on Tuesday, my Doctor granted my request for Phentermine to help me in my weight loss. Well I'm having a little bit of a problem with it. I have been awake now for over 39 hours straight. I've tried my damndest to sleep and all I can do is lay in bed and plan about what to do later or the next day. It's really messed up and kind of funny but it's really pissing off the DH. He's about ready to get me liquored up just so that I fall asleep. lol