Is it recommended I buy my CRs so that CRAs only have a 30 day window?

Kay129

Hi,

Got my free credit reports through annualcreditreport.com, and am in the process of cleaning them up. Should I purchase CRs so that CRAs only have a 30 day window to answer disputes? Or should I not worry about it?

I have 2 COs as of this year that I don't anticipate getting those TLs deleted - I am working on PFD with the OC. Other than that, I have some late payments but I am planning to GW them.

Any input?

• 1 month later...
Got my free credit reports through annualcreditreport.com, and am in the process of cleaning them up. Should I purchase CRs so that CRAs only have a 30 day window to answer disputes? Or should I not worry about it?

If you sign up for a credit monitoring service, you get the 30 day window and you don't have to keep re-purchasing your CRs.

I was told by an agent at EQ that if you get the free reports, the cra's are allowed 45 days for disputes for the next 365 days...even if you buy a report later. Take that however you want, but I don't use the free report service. Because yes to me, 15 extra days makes a big difference in my opinion.

I was told by an agent at EQ that if you get the free reports, the cra's are allowed 45 days for disputes for the next 365 days...even if you buy a report later. Take that however you want, but I don't use the free report service. Because yes to me, 15 extra days makes a big difference in my opinion.

Now there's some caselaw I wouldn't mind test driving. Receipts of monthly payments for a monitoring service, reports periodically printed from the monitoring service, yet the CRA persisting I'm relying upon my FACTA reports.