Can Disputed Items Removed, REAPPEAR?

jbusta

Absolutely.

If you dispute an account and the CRA removes it (sometimes they'll do it without bothering to verify with the creditor) and it's an account that creditor actively updates, it can reappear on their next update with the CRA. After all, it's still on their records. The CRA is just removing it from there's, not the creditors.

Some people here may disagree, and say that the CRA needs to notify you. I disagree, and in many cases the CRA won't know that it's something being added back after a deletion.

Hi everyone, I have a question.

If you dispute something and the CRA finds in your favor and deletes the "baddie", is there a possibility that the baddie could reappear on your account at a later date? under any circumstances?

Thank you

sure can and some times does.

If it was being reported by a CA who didn't get it verified before time was up, they can always re insert it.

A lot of the time, a CA will give it back to the OC who will then send it out to a new CA, and you will need to start all over again with them until the OC is tired of messing with it.

Well, bascially I had a $17 SCE(So Cal Edison Utility)bill that reported as collection/charge off. It was reported on all 3 CRAs. When I found out, I immediately called Edison and paid off the $17, and the reporting changed to "Collection." I disputed all 3, but only EX and EQ gave me the delete. TU just updated the status to PAID.

I know it would have been a better idea to do PFD, but I didn't know about these kind of things, until AFTER i found this website, go figure...

I was thinking of writing a Good Will Letter to SCE in hopes of them removing the account from TU(I basically moved, and they said I had credit on my account, but then a final bill was sent in excess of my so-called "credit", I never got the bill, and only found out about it when I applied for my credit union a year later...) I've have read of others luck in the past. However, I'd hate for them to deny the letter, and then end up reporting again on all 3 CRAs.

What would be the most logical step for me?

This account has taken my TU down by roughly 60 points!!

well, you might try that.

You might also try disputing it repeatedly, one different thing each time you dispute. EX dispute the DOLP, then if they verify, dispute the DOFMD, etc.

They key is to dispute something different about it each time. Hopefully they will tire of working on a $17 debt that they have already received payment on and just not bother to verify anything. It's really not worth it to them.

This is just what I would try.

Yes, they can reappear....BUT

If they do reappear - the CRAs MUST notify you within 5 days of them reappearing.. If they don't - it's a automatic violation of the FCRA and $1000 to you. I talked to someone had Equifax so this to him. He sent them a nasty gram letter that they did this and they negotiated the $1000 on the spot. He received his check right away.

I am really hoping some of my items reappear. :)

Yes, they can reappear....BUT

If they do reappear - the CRAs MUST notify you within 5 days of them reappearing.. If they don't - it's a automatic violation of the FCRA and $1000 to you. I talked to someone had Equifax so this to him. He sent them a nasty gram letter that they did this and they negotiated the $1000 on the spot. He received his check right away.

I am really hoping some of my items reappear. :)

Doesn't this just apply to items that are deleted becuase the creditor hasn't responded yet?

If you get the CRA to delete something, without doing an investigation (which they sometimes do), when the item gets reported again how are they to know that it was something deleted? Often they start to report as a new account.

I'm not sure about EQ & TU, but I know for a FACT EX has record of what has been deleted, even though it's not showing on your report. I disputed over the phone a bunch of addresses on my EX report, while I was disputing the gentlemen was telling the accounts that certain addresses were associated to. 90% of the accounts he mentioned were derog's that had been deleted over the past few years. Very odd. I asked him whether or not those items would be added to my report, since they do have to verify addresses. He said "No, it's illegal for us to add an item to your report on our own behalf. The 'CA' has to add it themselves and we don't contact 'CA's of accounts that we've deleted."

Go figure ..