I've gotten everything deleted from equifax, but the other 2 bureaus wont? pls help!

divinemadness

Hi yall,

Im soo happy i found this forum, ive been actively repairing my credit for the last 4 months and have gotten ALOT deleted. i got every single negative item deleted from my equifax credit report. some did it quick, some i had to dispute multiple times. thank heavens for there online dispute process.

now i have a question about experian and transunion, they wont delete anything from the files! only like 1 or 2 things and the rest they are telling me my disputes are frivolous! ive disputed it online (only 1 time since they wont let u dispute it online again!) and sent letters. and im being called frivolous in the letters! well my dispute is called frivolous!

what do i do? im only 23 and was stupid with credit cards. and these cards that are on my accounts were as ive found out, predatory student lending, and only like 200-300.00 limits. i was stupid not to try and pay them more when i got sick (ive had medical problems now for 4 years). things are better now and im able to work, but i cant even get a mortgage for my first home now. i had to have my car cosigned for. im embarrased. hence the repair quest.

now on experian and transunion i have about 9 negative accounts left. i have a credit score of like 515. capital one, first financial bank, victorias secret, express, stuff like that. my limits were very low and they charged assine amounts in overlimit fees and late fees and then charge offs.

so since me n my fiance couldnt buy a home because of me- we rented. well in order to rent i had to get all the charge offs off my credit report. so may 2007, i called all the companies and negotiated settlements with them. as per our agreement on the phone, they said if i paid they would DELETE the entire entry in my credit report from the creditor. no one kept on there word. they lied to me about it all and i fell right into there hands. i feel awful and decieved and paid over $2000 in settlement amounts.

im so lost what to do now, how can i get this stuff deleted from equifax and experian?????? please help. thankyou!!

Sorry for the bum luck. Never take a Ca at their word. Always get it in writing. Write a letter raising hell over them violating federal law for not investigating. Make sure you give a good reason as to why you want an investigation and only do like 2 at a time. Experian seemed to budge for me. I need to quit typing half asleep

As you've found out just because you get it deleted from one CRA doesn't mean you'll get it deleted from the others. You're going to have to try stronger tactics. Disputing online removes the easiest items, but for stubborn ones you're going to have to try DVing the CAs. That means writing letters, sending them CMRRR, it's a lot more work...but has better results.

I wouldn't say your $2,000 went down the drain. Although it would have been better to get it in writing upfront! A lot of newbies just run out there and try to get stuff settled but credit repair is not an overnight process...it takes a longggg time. I would get copies of the canceled checks and send them to the CAs, letting them know the agreement was for settlement in full. Of course this doesn't mean they will delete it but it may show $0 balance. Again, send it CMRRR and keep a copy for your records.

gosh i was afraid to hear that. i wasted my money. i knew it. bah. that makes me so upset. i hate this credit world. those people are nasty!!!

ok i gotta go read up on abbreviations and figure out what ur saying there.

would it help me to "piggy back" on some family memebers cards? new and older cards???

i just got my fiances mother approved for a $3000 limit with cap one. should add myself to that??? and my fiances cards have like 2000 limits. he has good credit..

i just got my fiances mother approved for a $3000 limit with cap one. should add myself to that??? and my fiances cards have like 2000 limits. he has good credit..

It used to be that you could add yourself as an authorized user but it's not that way anymore. FICO is learning that people are piggybacking off of others and the AU is going away soon (if it hasn't already)..

It's like a line I heard in a movie once - "you is all you need". Don't depend on your significant other or anyone else to help you with your credit. Do it yourself. Start by getting a secured cc and writing DV letters. It's taken a while to get into this mess and it's going to take some time to get out of it. As with most things, in the end you'll feel better (and have the pride in knowing) that you did it yourself.

A secured cc will have the same effect and give you a slight bump in your scores. I would send a goodwill letter to any original creditor (OC) and DV any CA. Look at the "Debt Validation" link at the top of this board for information on DV. There is also a sample letter there. Of course tailor the sample letter to your individual needs.

You don't have to send it CMRRR but you can add tracking to your goodwill letters. I would make the CA sign for it haha. Bank of America (BoA) has a pretty good secured card. I had mine through New Millenium Bank, just closed it this year. You can also do a search on Google, there are several options out there.

thanks!! CJ seems to be the big dog around here. lol i applied just awaiting approval to buy some jewelry i already have LOL

now first premier, i have a fraud account on tu and ex with them, so i doubt ill get that until i get that settled. friggin westerun union.

I got a $300.00 Unsecured Mastercard through Household Bank with outstanding collections and a foreclosure from July of this year. It wouldn't hurt.