despritable seeking help

wendel34

i recently acquired my credit report, it shows a debt that i paid off in March of 2007. The orginal colection agency collected the debt in full, the original creditor went bankrupt and sold my debt to another collection agency after i paided the debt. The orginal collector is a company call Risquity, the new debt collector is AIS Services LLC. AIS refuses to reconize that i paid the debt and put the collection info on my credit report. They told me i still have to pay. I sent them a letter with a copy of my bank statement and a letter from Risquity stating my debt has been paid it full. If AIS refuses to remove the collection from my debt, do i have any further recourse? thanks for any advice.

If you paid the debt and have proof of your payment, sending that to the new CA should suffice. If the new CA refuses to remove the information from your CR despite your proof of payment, you're going to start racking up violations on them. They cannot report a debt which was paid before they acquired it....