someone said dont let anyone wear the earring they will tear up their ears - were they kidding? sorry for the stupid question -

what about getting nicer stuff from them - anyone made a 300+ purchase from them?

Crown Jewelers may provide nice TL's for those of us who are unable to obtain credit otherwise, however, you pay a high price for a very low-quality product. Although they do offer Citizens and Fossil watches, their prices are significantly higher than you would pay anywhere else for the same model. The best advice is to purchase something small, PIF immediately, and allow them to report the positive TL.

As an example, I ordered a "sterling silver" ring for $20 through them. Within 48 hours of wearing the ring, it turned my finger a nice shade of green. Now, if you know anything about sterling, it doesn't tarnish like that. So after dropping the ring into a bowl of water to test the density, the conclusion is that the ring was silver-plated plastic. :)

someone said dont let anyone wear the earring they will tear up their ears - were they kidding? sorry for the stupid question -

what about getting nicer stuff from them - anyone made a 300+ purchase from them?

I said it and I was not kidding. They tore my wifes ears UP. she is SEMI sensitive, but that's generally only to CHEAP jewelry.

Crown Jewelers may provide nice TL's for those of us who are unable to obtain credit otherwise, however, you pay a high price for a very low-quality product. Although they do offer Citizens and Fossil watches, their prices are significantly higher than you would pay anywhere else for the same model. The best advice is to purchase something small, PIF immediately, and allow them to report the positive TL.

As an example, I ordered a "sterling silver" ring for $20 through them. Within 48 hours of wearing the ring, it turned my finger a nice shade of green. Now, if you know anything about sterling, it doesn't tarnish like that. So after dropping the ring into a bowl of water to test the density, the conclusion is that the ring was silver-plated plastic. :)

look its VERMEIL crud. its plated. i used to buy the SAME i mean EXACT items wholesale and sell on ebay. i made good money. but i know the products, they are nice, but not for everyday wear like a true pieceo f jewelry.

i can pick the pics out on the CJ website and tell u which wholesaler they are from LOL they are just a smart idea someone came up with :rolleyes:8]

it looks pretty and all, but dont waste ur money on something over $50.00. i bought a $40 necklace put half down. will pay off the rest. and keep the TL going until i build some history and get some other TL's. its decent costume jewelry, but the prices are ridiculous. the rings on that site? i can buy them wholesale for under $10 a piece. sterling or 14k ... i know it all. i will say though its a nice idea for a business.. but dont waste ur money on the expensive stuff - its like paying for a porche but getting a toyota.

Uhh Divine... your missing the train here..

You know where they get the stuff, what it costs so you know the mark up they are making...

Do I see www.divinemadnessjewelery.com in the future???

No credit check, down payments at the break even point on what they buy... Heres the catch, charge a "maintance fee" per month on the account, just enough to cover your costs of reporting plus a buck, and report right away. That way we don't actually have to buy the junk, you don't have to ship the junk and we are all happy as clams.

I'll only take 2% for giving you the idea.

Uhh Divine... your missing the train here..

You know where they get the stuff, what it costs so you know the mark up they are making...

Do I see www.divinemadnessjewelery.com in the future???

No credit check, down payments at the break even point on what they buy... Heres the catch, charge a "maintance fee" per month on the account, just enough to cover your costs of reporting plus a buck, and report right away. That way we don't actually have to buy the junk, you don't have to ship the junk and we are all happy as clams.

I'll only take 2% for giving you the idea.

ROFLMAO THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLLLL :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:xdancex::allhail::

but how would u get credit cards to offer to people? LOL thati s a good idea. i had a website once upon a time. but never did anything with it. :cry: on ebay i made like 2000.00 a month extra part time, but its time consuming and paypal kept limiting my account and freezing my money. LOL ebay is the devil.

i could even have the junk dropshipped to them with my name on it. LOL

Cards??? we don't need no stinking cards.. Set it up like paypal does with their buyer credit. It is a revolving account and reports as such. but since it's only good with paypal, I don't get a card because I don't need it.

So, they have an account with you, you open the account after a ID check (as reqired by law) setup the account in your system, have your system report the account to the big 3 and let your billing software handle the rest.

I'll bet there is a TON of people here that would much rather just pay 2-4 bucks a month for a CL than have to deal with buying something from CJ paying high shipping and tossing the junk when it gets here.

You could 1 up CJ and offer higher CLs too ;)

The money you make off the maintance "fee" could add up to 1000's how many people do you think get a CJ account just for them reporting? If you get 4000 people that are paying 1 dollar over what it costs to report their account, your making 4 grand a month (assuming they all pay the monthly fee. Set that up with auto ACH or debit from a card).. If someone uses the account to buy something after making the down payment and makes the payments it's even more $ in your pocket. CJ had a good thing going when they reported to all 3. Now that they don't a lot of us see little reason to hang on to them.

I wonder if someone makes a store front software that can handle the down payment ordeal... I think CJ manually reports their accounts and that might be part of their issues with EQ, I would think there would be a way to streamline the system so that it works on it's own.

But I am no programer.

Cards??? we don't need no stinking cards.. Set it up like paypal does with their buyer credit. It is a revolving account and reports as such. but since it's only good with paypal, I don't get a card because I don't need it.

So, they have an account with you, you open the account after a ID check (as reqired by law) setup the account in your system, have your system report the account to the big 3 and let your billing software handle the rest.

I'll bet there is a TON of people here that would much rather just pay 2-4 bucks a month for a CL than have to deal with buying something from CJ paying high shipping and tossing the junk when it gets here.

You could 1 up CJ and offer higher CLs too ;)

The money you make off the maintance "fee" could add up to 1000's how many people do you think get a CJ account just for them reporting? If you get 4000 people that are paying 1 dollar over what it costs to report their account, your making 4 grand a month (assuming they all pay the monthly fee. Set that up with auto ACH or debit from a card).. If someone uses the account to buy something after making the down payment and makes the payments it's even more $ in your pocket. CJ had a good thing going when they reported to all 3. Now that they don't a lot of us see little reason to hang on to them.

I wonder if someone makes a store front software that can handle the down payment ordeal... I think CJ manually reports their accounts and that might be part of their issues with EQ, I would think there would be a way to streamline the system so that it works on it's own.

But I am no programer.

yes id like to know cause thats a great idea!!

so i get the buyer credit thing, but how does a seller GET the credit to extend it to the buyers?? thats what im being blonde about right now. do i need anything special to do so???

i could easily set up a store front and checkout and payments with a great company my friends use, but im confused on the offering of credit stuff and how to report it... and if thers any special things i need to know for it to do so

Ok here's how you get teh credit to give others:

I, Amerikaner83, being of sound mind and body, do bestow upon DivineMadness, a line of credit in the amount of two hundred thousand dollars, to be divided up however she wishes, to customers of her choosing.

There ya go - you now have 200K in credit to "lend out".

Do you see my point?

Want another 200k? Sure! Done :p

Amerikaner83 is being cheap...

But your the credit granter, the only time you will have a issue with credit on your end is if someone buys something from you and defaults. Happens enough and your in the red and borrowing money to stay afloat. Hence the downpayment that covers your costs. Even if they buy something and defult, the cost of what you sold them was covered up front so your out very little if anything at all.

Plus you folks would make great clientele.

However, I am sure that the Big three would not stand for that. You extend these folks credit, done, but what service or goods would you provide for having the CL? I mean, if I gave you 200k in credit and report it to the big three as paid as agree, wouldn't they say foul?! I would love to charge a 200 fee to report the TLs (because as of now, there is low supply and high demand), but would I be allowed to legally?

Plus you folks would make great clientele.

However, I am sure that the Big three would not stand for that. You extend these folks credit, done, but what service or goods would you provide for having the CL? I mean, if I gave you 200k in credit and report it to the big three as paid as agree, wouldn't they say foul?! I would love to charge a 200 fee to report the TLs (because as of now, there is low supply and high demand), but would I be allowed to legally?

wouldnt i need some kind of insurance and business stuff to make this work?? so i give people credit.. no 200k though. LOL but what do i haveta do to make sure it reports to the bureaus? and is it legal to charge maintenence fees?????

wouldnt i need some kind of insurance and business stuff to make this work?? so i give people credit.. no 200k though. LOL but what do i haveta do to make sure it reports to the bureaus? and is it legal to charge maintenence fees?????

Insurance? Nah....

"Business stuff", probably incorporation papers, or form an LLC (it's cheaper and you get the same benefits as a corporation, but when you die, it automatically dissolves).

The other stuff you just because answered with what I asked. That's what I'm trying to find out. If it can be swung legally, the first 100 CIC members will get a nice 3000 CL at http://www.aboveaverage.com. Hell, we'll make it 5000. :)

Insurance? Nah....

"Business stuff", probably incorporation papers, or form an LLC (it's cheaper and you get the same benefits as a corporation, but when you die, it automatically dissolves).

The other stuff you just because answered with what I asked. That's what I'm trying to find out. If it can be swung legally, the first 100 CIC members will get a nice 3000 CL at http://www.aboveaverage.com. Hell, we'll make it 5000. :)

COPY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waah::moon:

COPY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waah::moon:

:) Well, I would hope there is room in the market for both....

Still though, if not me, Divine, you should please investigate what is up with that. Maybe I would go full scale...but I know alot of folks personally (one of my best friends in particular) that could benefit from this type of thing.

well im gonna do it, i have all the resources, why not? i had to switch careers and take a blah job for salary so its not commission (im a realtor) since my fiance is disabled now and cant work for a long long time.

just need to figure out how to set up accounts at the bureaus???

all CIC members will get the biggest credit lines!!! HEHE.

and for the person who gave the idea -- ill take care of ya. hehe

i can get anything and everything wholesale. and at pratically cost. --- home decor, fashion, jewelry, shoes, furniture, purses, all kinds of stuff. ill start somewhere and add on. what i had on ebay i did awesome. i had jewelry, and purses, and made great money until paypal caused trouble. but now i know of other checkout systems... and dont need ebay...feebay.

so what about advertising? how to get the word out?

any ideas?

(thinking like Tony Sprano)

since it was my idea...

2%, a job with a salery and I never have to be in the office. I want a company car, and a phone.

:)

Just kidding. A thank you is fine with me.

"so what about advertising? how to get the word out?"

This one is so easy it's not even funny.. How did CJ get world renound exposure? yup.. we here at CIC talk about it, it's also talked about at CB and other sites. a simple post from one of us "hey look! no credit check! Everyone is approved! Just pay the down payment and they report!" will drive 1000's to your site to apply.