Crown Jewelers does not do ANY credit check.

You will get approved, but they take time to do that...then about 2 months for it to appear on your credit reports.

You said you looked into this operation? I hear they have a serious mark up on their merchandise, its substandard, and yet they report to the credit agencies. How much trouble is it for one to set something like this up?

Heck if I could do it, I would give my self a 2K limit on all 3 CRAs...

You said you looked into this operation? I hear they have a serious mark up on their merchandise, its substandard, and yet they report to the credit agencies. How much trouble is it for one to set something like this up?

Heck if I could do it, I would give my self a 2K limit on all 3 CRAs...

Do a google search for third party processing credit reporting. It truly is a pain in the butt to do. You have to fill out data furnishing forms with the CRAs.....you are going to need cash plus clients.

Maybe you should call or give it some more time.

I didn't think they denied anyone, unless you have had an account with them in the past. :confused:

I did call them and I was approved. I guess the confirmation email must have gotten caught up in spam or something.

Thanks!:)

I did call them and I was approved. I guess the confirmation email must have gotten caught up in spam or something.

Thanks!:)

Great!

Can someone help me understand the CL for Crown. I submitted the app and was approved for 1500CL but it says some mumbo jumbo about being dependant upon down payments and $25/$50/$75 per month for six months. I haven't ordered anything yet so the account isn't even activated but I am trying to figure out what the reported credit line will be when I activate it. Should I order something more pricey to get a higher credit line reported or can I just order something small? I'm confused.

Can someone help me understand the CL for Crown. I submitted the app and was approved for 1500CL but it says some mumbo jumbo about being dependant upon down payments and $25/$50/$75 per month for six months. I haven't ordered anything yet so the account isn't even activated but I am trying to figure out what the reported credit line will be when I activate it. Should I order something more pricey to get a higher credit line reported or can I just order something small? I'm confused.

your CL on your reports will say 1500 but you have to make a down payment when you want to buy something and your down payment can't go on your cj account it has to be paid with another cc at the time the purchase is made. that 25/50/75 is how much your monthly payment will be on whatever balance is left over that your down payment doesn't cover.

• Like 1

Cool! So then I just make a small purchase and it shows as $1500 CL. Thanks for the clarification Scotterz!

Cool! So then I just make a small purchase and it shows as $1500 CL. Thanks for the clarification Scotterz!

I purchased a $20 fake sterling silver ring and received a $1,500 reporting TL out of it. :)

Has anyone ever tried to INCREASE the standard 1500 limit? (Without doing the whole 100 a month for fake/bad jewelry?)

so what happens if you buy something for $20 bucks every month? How does the downpayment / motnhly payment work?

I'm sure its like a lot of cards where if your balance is below $x then you must pay balance off. Considering that the minimum payment for any balance with CJ is $25 then its probably PIF every month.

Cheapest item is the sterling silver ring. It's crap. I wore mine for, oh, 2 days before it warped bizarrely and I pitched it. It'll end up costing you around $40 after shipping (they're shipping is way overpriced too), but $40 is a reasonable price to pay for a $1500 TL in my opinion.

I purchased a $20 fake sterling silver ring and received a $1,500 reporting TL out of it. :)

I think I got the matching earrings...LOL. They looked better in the picture (even with the bush league photography on CJ's website)! I wore them once and my ears started to bother me so I took them out. They are in some unknown pocket now, somewhere in my closet.

ive gotten sterling necklaces.. usually like 30 bucks downpayment with shipping, and then 40 onthe car. the necklaces arent bad. look pretty decent and i gave them as gifts and everyone liked em.

CJ is a good starter, but be careful with them! I have 90+ days late on my CR right from them b/c they have POOR RECORD keeping! I purchased a <$30.00 braclet from them and paid off about half the day I purchased. At the end of the month, I paid off the other half. I get a phone call about a month later saying that I was delinquent and if I didn't pay something like $40 (late fees plus the remaining balance) they would report me to the CRA's. I was out of town and didn't feel like fooling with it so I paid it. A month later I get another call saying I owed another $55 bucks! I told them to piss off and go over there records again. They reported me 30 days later. I disputed it, they updated 60 days late, I disputed directly with them, they reported 90 days late. I'm just letting them rack it up before I go after them hardcore but to date, I've paid over $100 bucks on some cheap a&#036;&#036; jewelry and they are reporting me late! They will die hard once I decide that they've racked up enough inaccurate reporting!

thats some BS man. **** em. Maybe you have to pay in the middle of the month for a safety net

I don't know what thier problem is, but they have hit a $7!t storm with me! I just purchased a house recently and between them and a couple other violators, I could use a few $$$.

I think I got the matching earrings...LOL. They looked better in the picture (even with the bush league photography on CJ's website)! I wore them once and my ears started to bother me so I took them out. They are in some unknown pocket now, somewhere in my closet.

It's time for me to throw another $20 down the toilet to keep my CJ account reporting for a full year...Although it's going on 8 months and they still haven't threatened to close my account. Hmm.

anyone know if u can apply again on CJ and they will give u a 2nd account?

2nd tradeline n all?

or will they pull up your existing account???

i wonder.. 2 1500.00 limits would look really good!

I got my first piece of crappy jewelry today :p Yeah, I know where they get this stuff - it's uber cheap stuff, but I'll happily pay for the pos TL

Whew! What a long thread.

I have a couple of questions about the Crown card.

1. How do you get it - and how long does it take to get the card.

2. In reading this thread, I saw a post that said something about you put a downpayment on the item you order - and you can't put that on your CJ card - you use another CC?

I don't have another CC - that is why I need CJ. Can I use my debit card to pay this?

I am desperate to get a TL reporting ASAP - as my lack of credit is preventing the bank from getting a FICO score on my so I can get a mortgage.

Whew! What a long thread.

I have a couple of questions about the Crown card.

1. How do you get it - and how long does it take to get the card.

2. In reading this thread, I saw a post that said something about you put a downpayment on the item you order - and you can't put that on your CJ card - you use another CC?

I don't have another CC - that is why I need CJ. Can I use my debit card to pay this?

I am desperate to get a TL reporting ASAP - as my lack of credit is preventing the bank from getting a FICO score on my so I can get a mortgage.

You will not get a CJ until about 90 days....maybe 60....and even then it will only be on EX first and then TU about a week or two later. An EQ TL will NOT happen.

If you need a TL that badly, focus on a secured card.