Fairy Enchantress

What credit card can I get with this score....

Recommended Posts

Start with Crown Jewelers. Then Orchard Bank and CapOne. Consider a secured card that graduates to unsecured rather than a sub-prime crap card like First Premier. After about 6-12 months of good payment history, you may be able to get some better cards like Hooters or Carnival Sea Miles (Juniper Bank).

-r

Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be able to skip CJ (but if you want to buy something from them, go check um out) and try www.hsbcapply.com it'll pull a soft on your EX report and report back with a list of their cards you have really good (has anyone been turned down for a card after the site told them they could get it?) chance of getting it. Target is also known to be a good starter card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You might be able to skip CJ (but if you want to buy something from them, go check um out) and try www.hsbcapply.com it'll pull a soft on your EX report and report back with a list of their cards you have really good (has anyone been turned down for a card after the site told them they could get it?) chance of getting it. Target is also known to be a good starter card.

Thank you Merkurfan! You are so great!

Link to post
Share on other sites

609? cool :) sadly, HSBC is likely going to pull EX. However many people have got the Orchard unsecured card in the mid 500's..

To give you an idea of how things can go for you. I started here in April. My fico was a mind boggling 429... My EQ Fico alert today was 695.. I was over 700 for 2 whole days last week :D

I did my christmas shoping and my util went up 4% and brought me back to the 600's :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP - Do you have the cash for a secured card? You deposit 500 bucks (or whatever) in an account, a bank gives you a card whose limit equals your deposit. Your CL is "secured" with your deposit. You can CLI anytime - AND, it gives you a nice savings account too :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

go for it! Like I said, I have never heard of someone who got pre-approved by the site get turned down for the card. HSBC will likely give you a instant aproval and tell you the CL. Like Isislc said, go get some hooters if they approve you for the HSBC card. (no.. not implants.. the hooters mastercard)

My wife to be got approved by HSBC for the same card they offered you. it showed up today in the mail. Get this, she had a HSBC card charge off and get sold to arrow last year! It was a store card so I don't know if that affects things. but she giggled when the pre-approval popped up. I said "go for it!" she was laughing till they gave her a 400CL :)

Hey Amerikaner83 I think I got my first groupie :) she even says nice things about me. Now watch. she'll be the first pre-approved HSBC person to get shot down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, I want in to the hooters club. But TU is on ice and i don't think they will pull anything else for me.

Just a heads up, the boy is waking up I think, it's almost bottle time for him.. So I might be gone for a bit.

Edit

Now shes gone.. hope shes not off on some app spree. then we'll hafta help her get rid of the INQ's....

Link to post
Share on other sites
OP - Do you have the cash for a secured card? You deposit 500 bucks (or whatever) in an account, a bank gives you a card whose limit equals your deposit. Your CL is "secured" with your deposit. You can CLI anytime - AND, it gives you a nice savings account too :p

:)++Sorry I did not write back right away! I was freaked out they said they would accept me and got scared! Thank you Amerikaner83!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had me on pins and needles there for a minute.. Congrats!!!

Now for the customary words of wisdom from a old (34 years) fart..

Use that card wisely. make the payments on time, try to always pay more than the minium. Regardless of what people say about HSBC if you take care of them, they will do you alright. Use them as a leap pad for better cards.

How, how bout some hooters?

Ya know. I don't even know the link to the site to apply... google hooters mastercard. you should find it.

Ya, it's a blackcard with HOOTERS across the front of it. I hear the looks from chasiers is priceless when female pull it out to pay. If the cashier is male you can say something like "oh, let me put that on my HOOTERS" then while reaching for your purse to get the card try to take a mental picture of the guys face.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooters pulls TU most of the time I think.. let me go check. BRB.

Ok.. Hooters pulls TU 99% of the time the other 1% looks like EX. looks like most anyone over 550 or so gets approved. What are your TU and EQ scores? and are they Fico or Fako?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.