MrHunter602

Can I JDB report lates?

I have a JDB that is reporting on my CBR as having 2 recent lates at 120 days. Can they do this?

On your CR, does it list the account as a collections account or an installment account? Since the account is reporting a payment history, it appears as though it is not being reported as a collections account...Which no, they cannot do. If you have no contractual agreement between yourself and the JDB stating that you are paying this debt in installments, then no late payment history should be added...

On your CR, does it list the account as a collections account or an installment account? Since the account is reporting a payment history, it appears as though it is not being reported as a collections account...Which no, they cannot do. If you have no contractual agreement between yourself and the JDB stating that you are paying this debt in installments, then no late payment history should be added...

I concur. You need to dispute the account as "not mine" since, I'm sure, you never opened an installment account with a JDB, right?

It shows in the "installment accounts" section. It is not in the collection section. I also have 2 others that are reporting in the same accounts section that are collection accounts. But under the description they have it listed as collection.

I have 2 with arrow and 1 with afni that are under installments. I have disputed them as not mine and a couple other times with other info and they come back verified.

It shows in the "installment accounts" section. It is not in the collection section. I also have 2 others that are reporting in the same accounts section that are collection accounts. But under the description they have it listed as collection.

I have 2 with arrow and 1 with afni that are under installments. I have disputed them as not mine and a couple other times with other info and they come back verified.

These accounts are not installment accounts, they are collection accounts. Dispute with the CRA's as "not mine", because they aren't your accounts, and wait for them to come back as verified. Then hammer out a letter to the CA's informing them that they are inaccurately reporting your accounts (FCRA violation) and misrepresenting the character of your accounts (FDCPA violation).

At least, that's what's worked for me. ;)

Well I have quite a few with the dates because of the CR's that I get back after disputing so I will give that a shot and see what happens. Ill repost a follow up if they refuse to remove them or change them, which I have no doubt will happen. Thanks!

Good luck. :)

They are trying to trick you with this. Let's say this was a Capital 1 account that went default and was placed in collections. It would have a description of "collection account". They are reporting incorrectly, imo.

So the original creditor is allowed to have the description as a collection account, but the JDB is not? Or it is at least not allowed to list it as an installment loan correct?

If we use the example of Capital One...

If they were reporting this account on your CR, they would be allowed to list it as a credit card account in derogatory status, which would include the late payment history. However, if Capital One assigned this account to an outside CA, that CA would not be reporting accurate information if they were to list the account as an installment account.

Basically...

If you do not have a signed agreement between yourself and the JDB stating that you were going to pay this debt in installment payments, the account is being reported in error. You do not have an installment account with them and there is no documentation evidencing the account as such.