Denied job because of bad credit report

doubleangel

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Today I was informed that although I was set to be hired for what could be called my "dream job", because of items uncovered during the credit and background check, they will not be able to hire me. These items include a pending foreclosure, a few charge-offs, and about a dozen other negative items. Since ive been working on a 100% commission basis and the new job is for a nice salary, Im completely at a loss with what to do about my employement situation. I cant get this job because I didnt make enough to at my last job to pay everything on time. It seems like a vicious circle that has my future career doomed.

Do you have current copies of your credit report? You're entitled to a free copy if you were denied employment due to the information contained within them.

If you get your credit straightened up, will you still be eligible for this job? Are these allegations about your credit accurate?

Do you have current copies of your credit report? You're entitled to a free copy if you were denied employment due to the information contained within them.

If you get your credit straightened up, will you still be eligible for this job? Are these allegations about your credit accurate?

Honestly...I think you're being far fetched. If they don't hire him now, they'll likely pass in the future. It's best to move on to the next avenue.

Harsh, but quite true. And I'm sure another realistic person will probably co-sign. Good luck and who knows...maybe it's for the best in some strange way.

Ok, recently, my employer called me out on a few negative tradelines on my credit report, and "required" me to settle the debts due to me applying for a "Series 6" securities license. Although my situation isn't the same as yours, who knows, it just may have an impact.

I told them the negative entries on my credit report were currently in a disputed state. By settling any of the accounts, I would be effectively shutting the door on any potential lawsuits and settlements, and would, in essence, be admitting guilt without a trial. By simply paying up, my credit would actually be in WORSE shape, and I would not be able to collect for damages from the creditors.

It actually worked, they backed off, and I obtained my license. You've got nothing to lose by trying to address the situation!

Good luck!