Jump to content

Help need advice on medical CA


Recommended Posts

I got a notice from a CA that I owed 400 on some lab work in 06, the notice stated that ins co denied payment. I contacted my ins co & they never received the claim & since its past the 1yr filling period they will deny it. I contacted the OC (lab) to ask for info, the problem was that they had a diffrent address where they were sending the claim to. This all happened when I went in for a surgery, I never sighned any papers authorizing them to provide services or that I would be responsible for any payment. Hell I don't even know what services they provided. The lab had my phone# but never called, they said they sent several notices but I never saw any. My ins said if they did not file the claim in time I should not be resposible for payment. My question is there any law that refers to issues involving ins co & how to solve these issues. The lab is saying that I fully responsible for payment but I'm not just going to give 400 just like that. I'm thinking about getting a letter together & sending it to the exec dir. stating that I would like to get this resolved & if no answer within 10 days, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. This is not on my credit yet, but I did see where someone else has an issue with Specialized Collections so I guess it could end up on my credit. Any advise is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.