How Much To Offer On Settlement

poorkchop

I have three second mortgages on three different properties that I had foreclosed on. GMAC the OC sold these accounts to FASLO Solutions and they are now contacting me about getting paid. Each one of the loans is for 24k totaling 72k. Do you think that FASLO would consider a settlement for about 10%. I am asking because I will not ever have the 72k to pay them in full and I know that 10% is hardly anything but my other choice would be to file for Chapter 7. Have you ever heard of a CA settling for this small of a percentage before.

• 4 weeks later...
I have three second mortgages on three different properties that I had foreclosed on. GMAC the OC sold these accounts to FASLO Solutions and they are now contacting me about getting paid. Each one of the loans is for 24k totaling 72k. Do you think that FASLO would consider a settlement for about 10%. I am asking because I will not ever have the 72k to pay them in full and I know that 10% is hardly anything but my other choice would be to file for Chapter 7. Have you ever heard of a CA settling for this small of a percentage before.

All depends upon how desperate they are and how desperate they believe you to be.

What's the DOFD on these? Older is normally better for the consumer.

This may not be the place to post this but couldn't find where I would start a new one. Frustrating... computering isn't for me!

I have a couple of credit cards that have gotten behind on. (one is three months behind and the other four!) Anyway I need some help with letters (I have tried "clicking" on the part that says go here" and the page wouldn't come up.

I would like to try and see if the companys would be willing to take a lower amount to just pay these off. I read on here that the credit card company doesn't have to give a written agreement so IF they do take a lower amount then how can I be sure they won't take what I give that day and then deduct it from the amount owed and bill for the rest?

Do I send letters and ask this or make phone calls?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.