isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

Ok guys, some of us have been so into wanting to lose weight as well as following along with the contestants of the tv show that we have decided to go ahead and have our own Biggest Loser competition.

Here are the rulez.

1) Everyone who is going to participate needs to PM me by Jan 1 so I can compile the list of participants and the target weight loss they which to achieve. To join up, a $20 gift card will need to be donated by each participant. (How the cards will be handled is listed further down the rules.)

2) The first round will last 3 months officially starting Jan 1st. Jan. 8 will be the first reporting for your weight loss for the week, including a general idea of what you did to get it. April 2nd will be the last reporting day for the 3 month period. On the 5th, the winner will be officially announced and cards mailed out by our lovely thong dressed model, Amerikaner.

3) In consideration of privacy, it is not necessary to tell us what your starting weight is. It IS required that you tell us how much weight you have lost for the week. Myself and Amerikaner will keep track on total amount lost.

4) Gift cards can be for anywhere, but fast food gift cards are NOT allowed. We want to promote weight loss and a healthy lifestyle, fast food would be wayyy too much of a temptation to fall off the wagon. These gift cards will have to be sent to our prize holder by March 20th that way they can be sent out right away to our winner.

5) Our Prize Moderator is Amerikaner, he will receive a list of all participants to help keep track of total amount of weight loss as well as who has turned in their cards.

6) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

::allhail::

Well, I'm no expert - but isn't percent weight loss a little more fair than just straight "pounds lost?" Seems to even the playing ground a bit, from what I've seen.

Good luck, kids. I'm pullin' for ya. ;)

Well, I'm no expert - but isn't percent weight loss a little more fair than just straight "pounds lost?" Seems to even the playing ground a bit, from what I've seen.

Good luck, kids. I'm pullin' for ya. ;)

Yes that is true but some people here may feel too embarrased or shy to share what their true weight is. By just basing this on pounds we maintain that privacy and still enjoy the thrill that we are actually getting somewhere with our weight.

I'd play but I'm already into my weight lose journey.

as of today I'm down 8.6 pounds since 12/3.

If you all start on 1/1, I'll be way past my easy weight loss and into the itty bitty lbs lost weekly...

I'll be watching you all though!

I'd play but I'm already into my weight lose journey.

as of today I'm down 8.6 pounds since 12/3.

If you all start on 1/1, I'll be way past my easy weight loss and into the itty bitty lbs lost weekly...

I'll be watching you all though!

You can still sign up, just set a new weight goal. I've already started myself and will see how much I can lose by the end of the month then restart my weight goal on the 1st. I'm happy to say that since Tuesday I've lost 2 lbs already. This is gonna be tough I'll tell ya. Good job by the way Snow, that's the way to do it. If you keep changing the way you diet and work out, your body will be too confused to plateau. I was sent to New York for a Mock Disaster Recovery for the hospital I'm at and there was no place to warm up my diet food. I ended up indulging in steak and crab cakes for the week but still got up every morning at 430am to do my 3 hr workout in the pool and machines. When i got home, that week I actually lost a whopping 8 lbs. lol. I was pretty shocked.

I'm thinking about joining in on this.

I was going to start doing my own regimented 'weight watchers' without the meetings. My mom was pretty successful at it. She lost 20 pounds and felt great, but she didn't find the meetings very helpful. I'm getting her recipe books, restaurant guides and I have an excel program to track.

Once I get an idea of what I'll be doing, I'll let you all know for sure if I'm in or not (ie: I'll PM you isislc) :)

I'm thinking about joining in on this.

I was going to start doing my own regimented 'weight watchers' without the meetings. My mom was pretty successful at it. She lost 20 pounds and felt great, but she didn't find the meetings very helpful. I'm getting her recipe books, restaurant guides and I have an excel program to track.

Once I get an idea of what I'll be doing, I'll let you all know for sure if I'm in or not (ie: I'll PM you isislc) :)

KK no problem. That's why I'm hoping to promote everyone to share their success by the diets or exercise they use to lose weight. This way we can tailor others ideas into our own to help make us more successful in achieving or getting as close our weight goals as possible.

Here is a free site that has helped me tons.

www.fitday.com

Register and you can log all of your meals there. Once you start seeing how much fat, etc. is in certain types of food you can start to avoid those. It will also track your weight loss and let you set goals. Will track your nutrition-even lets you add customized foods.

All for free. Highly recommend it... Of course they want you to buy the $25 program-but it doesn't have much more in than the online version.

:)

... but still got up every morning at 430am to do my 3 hr workout in the pool and machines. When i got home, that week I actually lost a whopping 8 lbs. lol. I was pretty shocked.

Not this kid... I'm jogging for 10 minutes a day at this point...

Ok, there has been a question about how to work out any prizes because it would be difficult to officially monitor the weight that everyone is actually losing so there may be a slight change in how we're going to do the prize if anything. I will get back to you guys on that.

I'm in! I think we should all throw our weight out there. Being honest with others helps us be honest with ourselves.

I lost like 40 pounds and I know I've put some back on! Once I get my sppliances though I plan on tossing salads, baking veggies, etc. etc. etc.

This is great!

Isis-What diets are you currently into/inspired by? Just curious! :)++

I'm in! I think we should all throw our weight out there. Being honest with others helps us be honest with ourselves.

I lost like 40 pounds and I know I've put some back on! Once I get my sppliances though I plan on tossing salads, baking veggies, etc. etc. etc.

This is great!

Isis-What diets are you currently into/inspired by? Just curious! :)++

Well, first I wanted to lose weight because I was going to give my mom a kidney, so that was my original driving force. I used to watch Celebrity Fit Club and decided to go on Nutrisystem. On top of that I used to go to the gym 5 days a week for about 3 hours with 2 days to let the poor muscles rest. Lost lots of weight real fast. Right now I eat lots of salads and just keep the good stuff down to small portions. Breakfast I might grab a protein bar or Kellog's breakfast bar and a glass of milk. Bar =90 cal + small banana= 60 cal + glass of milk=90 cal =240 calories just for breakfast. So I do count some calories. I also stick to a 1000 cal diet but If I eat a lot of free items, 0 calorie content, then I can get away with 600 calories a day and my workouts burn up to 2k calories a day. Yeah, I've been pretty nuts with the workout thing. Then lunch i can drink a 64 oz protein shake and the whole thing would be worth only 230 calories technically for a full blender of the stuff. Dinner follow up with a Nutrisystem meal for about 260 calories. If I work out I have a small whey, protein shake. This is good for 2 reasons 1) whey protein goes directly to the muscles and acts as kind of a pain killer, minimizes the amount of soreness after a workout and 2) The protein and natural sugar in the shake gives replaces what was burned out during your workout. This avoids feeling tired and draining your energy level after the workout.

I'm in....isislc I will PM you with my goal on the first..........

Everyone keep in mind.....it's 3 months thats 12 weeks don't set an unrealistic goal.......the avg 1-2 lbs a week is the healthiest and long lasting, except for the first week that usually can be alot and if you have 50+ to lose in the beginning it can come off fast before it plateaus........

J, the nitty gritty lbs (the last 5/10).......they are the hardest to shed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newb - it's not starting until January - "officially"

Which reminds me:

Please PM me or Isislc if you are planning on participating "officially". I will then make a list of participants...need to get started on some planning...

And the whole "prize thing"...at this stage don't worry about it. Still have to iron out details. Just need to know WHO before we know other things.

I just got a bag of homemade candied pecans for Christmas. And I can't stop eating them.

:cool:

This is not helping me.

Evil woman!

I made pralines and fudge today. Tomorrow I'm making tea cakes and four layer delight. Sunday there will be pumpkin pie.

Paula Dean would be so proud of all the butter and sugar I'm using. :lol::lol:

I made pralines and fudge today. Tomorrow I'm making tea cakes and four layer delight. Sunday there will be pumpkin pie.

Paula Dean would be so proud of all the butter and sugar I'm using. :lol::lol:

Oh, by the way....I tried to make your tea cakes right after you sent me the recipe.

:cool:

I must have done something very wrong. :roflmao:

I forgot to tell you that!