isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

Oh and I forgot to mention that my new favorite thing is cajun chicken and red beans and rice. I went a little over on my carbs yesterday...

Although I normally don't weigh in till tomorrow, I'll do it tonight. Looks like I'm back on the ball again, lost another 3 lbs. I actually got invited to a Weight Watchers meeting to talk about alternative foods for dieting. I thought it was kind of funny, ME giving a speech on food. I had always been overweight but this time it has been falling off pretty quick with how I'm eating.

I do have to admit that my DF is worried about me and says that I don't eat enough. I've had to keep reminding him about the desk full of diet food I have at work that I snack on. So I do get plenty to eat, it's just not nearly close to his scale anymore. His idea of diet is having a Chipotle burrito and a BLT salad from Wendy's in a sitting. Haa haa. Gotta keep reminding him that eating like that is only gonna send the waistline in one direction. I'm too lazy right now so I'll update my inches lost tomorrow. Have a good night guys.

Well as of this morning I managed to drop the gains I had plus .4lbs

Official weigh in is tomorrow.

Net for the week is down .8

Overall I'm down 24 now. I can't believe I only have 12 pounds left to lose.

How do you stop losing and just go into maintenance mode-that has me a little concerned...

I found Edy's Fat Free, No-Sugar added Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream today.

It is really good, 100 cals per serving and 6g of fiber. Excellent new dessert option!

:)

I weighed in Monday but have just now found time to change my ticker and post to the board. :roll: I lost a pound this week. WOOT! Take that Nimrod. 8-)

I weighed in Monday but have just now found time to change my ticker and post to the board. :roll: I lost a pound this week. WOOT! Take that Nimrod. 8-)

WOO HOO!

That was better than I did!

Well, it's about time... :roll:

Hurry up now - remember - you promised us bikini pics...like 2 years ago. I'm STILL waiting... :lol:

How do you stop losing and just go into maintenance mode-that has me a little concerned...

It can be a little hard at first. I was having a tough time eating enough to maintain, but mostly because I changed the kind of food that I was eating. I still think that the multiple small meals per day approach is best from a non-cheating standpoint, because you never get to where you're just absolutely starving. I do this, but then have a "normal" evening meal. You'll just have to try something like that and then watch the scale over the period of a month as your body readjusts to having more fuel to deal with.

And, the exercise helps. Stick with it. But wear some clothes, for cryin' out loud... :cool:

Net for the week is down .8

Overall I'm down 24 now. I can't believe I only have 12 pounds left to lose.

My problem is that I can never find "maintenance mode". I'm either on a diet...or not. Which is why I have lost and gained the same 20 pounds about 10 times in my life. :roll: I hate the realization that I will have to be forever concious about what goes in my mouth. (shut up Nim). It's just too damn hard to be skinny. :lol:

Well, this week I had a fever that was probably because of a throat and ear infection. So, I took penicillin and had an alergic reaction to it and broke out in hives, so I took benadryl, which is making me bleh. I have not had an appetite, I finally forced some food down this evening, but have no idea how this is affecting my progress.

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My problem is that I can never find "maintenance mode". I'm either on a diet...or not. Which is why I have lost and gained the same 20 pounds about 10 times in my life. :roll: I hate the realization that I will have to be forever concious about what goes in my mouth. (shut up Nim). It's just too damn hard to be skinny. :lol:

:roll:

i know why I want to be skinny... but once I'm there... I'm afraid for you all since the rip will become the tear... and the fabric of life will all unravel.

hold onto your children.

It WILL be a bumpy ride.

:)

Well, I suppose it's particularly tough if you eat out a lot or have a family/kids to feed. I only eat out once a week now, whereas I used to just about every other night. It's hard to maintain when you're faced with stuff like this:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/

(I used to LOVE those awesome blossoms, but then I really couldn't eat dinner when they brought it around....holy moly! :shock:)

Well, I suppose it's particularly tough if you eat out a lot or have a family/kids to feed. I only eat out once a week now, whereas I used to just about every other night. It's hard to maintain when you're faced with stuff like this:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/

(I used to LOVE those awesome blossoms, but then I really couldn't eat dinner when they brought it around....holy moly! :shock:)

:shock: But I LOVE Outback's cheese fries.

OK, so it's Friday. We have a new Irish Pub that opened up.

Fish & Chips and Harp Lager for me tonight...

:lagerlouts:

Damn Snow that's a Sleestack! I haven't seen them for a long time since Land of the Lost! Am I dating myself here? hee hee

Well, I forgot to update but I started doing tape measurements and in just the last 11 days I lost 4 inches in the chest. Anyone else getting drastic numbers like that? I have a couple other places showing changes like that too. :?

I haven't been measuring that often, but since the beginning I have lost 4 inches around my belly,

I woke up this morning to a gain of 2lbs... I did have my fish and chips and 4 pints last night... so, hopefully this is just temporary. Tonight I'm having Cajun Chicken and Red Beans & Rice. I'm cooking for my parents. And I travel next week. All not boding well for the diet I'm afraid.

This is gonna sound strange...... but I've gone back to drinking sweet tea. I'm not making in at home, but I am drinking it again when we go out. I had sworn it off and was drinking straight water. Well, since I went back to tea, the weight seems to be coming off. If I stay the weight I was this morning, when I weight in Monday I will have lost 5 more pounds. :shock: And the only thing that has changed is that I quit depriving myself of sweet tea. I have decided that it has to be 2 things....

1. Tea is a diuretic

2. When I drink tea with meals I drink 3 or 4 glasses. When I drink water I do good to choke down 1/2 a glass. I'm getting more fluids with the tea...even if I am getting sugar. Hmmmmm...

Thoughts???

Use Splenda instead of sugar and drink all you want!

I'm not going to get into this argument with you, but a real southerner knows that tea cant be sweetened after the fact. And it's a sin to suggest Splenda. And did youn miss the part where I said I had lost 5 more pounds anyway???

I'm not going to get into this argument with you, but a real southerner knows that tea cant be sweetened after the fact. And it's a sin to suggest Splenda. And did youn miss the part where I said I had lost 5 more pounds anyway???

You can mix Splenda in when you are brewing it lunk head. And if you didn't want to hear any suggestions what the hell did you ask for? I was trying to give you a way to have your tea and drink it too without the guilt.

The 5lbs was just teaser weight... keep it up and you'll get it back.

8-)

This is gonna sound strange...... but I've gone back to drinking sweet tea. I'm not making in at home, but I am drinking it again when we go out. I had sworn it off and was drinking straight water. Well, since I went back to tea, the weight seems to be coming off. If I stay the weight I was this morning, when I weight in Monday I will have lost 5 more pounds. :shock: And the only thing that has changed is that I quit depriving myself of sweet tea. I have decided that it has to be 2 things....

1. Tea is a diuretic

2. When I drink tea with meals I drink 3 or 4 glasses. When I drink water I do good to choke down 1/2 a glass. I'm getting more fluids with the tea...even if I am getting sugar. Hmmmmm...

Thoughts???

Think REAL hard: Was that the morning after hubby shaved your back? That could easily go 5 lbs... ;)

Well, without knowing how many calories you've been taking in, it COULD be that your body was in a conservation mode - sometimes ya gotta shake things up a little - in effect doing a little carb cycling, I suppose. And yeah - you need that fluid. Water's best, but anything's better than nothing. You should be peein' like a race horse. :lol: (If I'm not busy taking water in, I'm busy looking for a place to offload - it's a pain in the bum - or thereabouts...)

I guess if it works for you, keep after it - although tea should NEVER be adulterated with sugar......BLEH! What's wrong with you southerners? A little lemon, maybe...

I'm with Tina on this one!!! UGH!! It's got to be real sugar or nothing!

And congrats on the 5 lbs. ;)