isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

My parents bought me a nice mountain bike for my birthday...and Squeaker bought me an XBOX live subscription. I'm torn. :p

I just need to get a helmet here in a day or so and I"ll be riding the bike a lot more! That should help...as well as more grilling on the old BBQ.

I'm still working on my last 9 pounds! If I can't get rid of em with diet and exercise I'm having them sucked out!

:)

I'm still working on my last 9 pounds! If I can't get rid of em with diet and exercise I'm having them sucked out!

:shock: Ask about group rates!

:shock: Ask about group rates!

No kidding!

Count me in too!

I ended up .2 for the week, Monday to Monday. I was traveling last week, didn't exercise once, drank a lot of Vodka and ate fast food. I leave for Vegas this Saturday for our annual convention-then go to Phoenix for a birthday weekend celebration... none of that is looking too good for the diet I'm afraid... But I will do the best I can.

Well I commend you J, for at least being the most consistent in checking in! :)++

We've been sick in cycles in our household literally all winter. I am so damn sick of it . Oops! Heh! I'm at home again because I'm sick.

I have not weighed myself in such a long time god only knows what the scale might say. We got our income tax return and went out to a nice dinner then I got sick. Up down, up down because of circumstanced beyond my control. But hopefully, I can try to get back on the band wagon by Monday.

I have not checked in for the last five weeks or so because I have not lost any weight. I guess I hit a plateau. The doctor told me last week to exercise more, so that is what I am doing.

Wasn't today supposed to be the last day of the contest?

Here are my final figures:

In last five weeks, I lost 0.

I now weigh 238. I started my plan in mid August at 290, so have lost a total of 52 pounds. Since the start of the contest, I have lost 8 pounds.

My goal is 195, so I am over halfway.

I guess I did not win the $250,000. But I will probably get voted off the island. Or, am I getting mixed up?

I would like to keep posting if this stays open. I find it does help to see how others are doing.

I have fallen off the wagon and it has pulled out of sight. :cool:

I havent gained but I havent lost either. I am doing better this week, but yesterday I ate tomato soup (Campbells condensed) and today I am one bloated son of a..... Soup shouldnt have so much sodium. :evil:

The weather is getting better and I hope to convince my children to force me to get out and walk in the evenings.

I've really been playing around with this thing. 10 pounds down in 3 months SUCKS. I should be at goal by now. Time to get serious. Swimsuit time is around the corner.....

I've really been playing around with this thing. 10 pounds down in 3 months SUCKS. I should be at goal by now. Time to get serious. Swimsuit time is around the corner.....

Good thing you've got your own pool - that way you'll only scare the kids........and maybe the goats.

:)++

Well, I'm still hovering around 155... So once the convention stuff is over, I'm making an appointment for a consultation with the liposuction doctor. Seriously.

I'm carrying the weight exactly like my father did. Even if I did manage to lose it, I know that when I started to even gain back a little-it would be right there in the lats.. The only way that I can see to fight the genes is to remove the fat cells.

Ok, dang it...I fell off the wagon weeks ago and haven't gotten back on yet. It's day 41 and counting until the wedding, so I have to behave at least a little bit now.

Since I stopped watching what I'm eating, I've gained 3-4 pounds back, so my ticker is wrong (and I'm not gonna fix it, dammit! You can't make me!).

Back on the wagon tomorrow. And back to Zumba class. I haven't been since before Easter when I got sick. Bleh.

*jumpin' jacks*

Well, I've returned from my trip... and even having beers and food a food fest with Momma K on Sunday (and lots and lots of alcohol in general while I was gone). I'm still only .8 up from the day before I left. But I'm back on the eating plan today, and sadly back on an airplane tomorrow... I hope to be back on the exercise plan next week.

I'm still right at 155. I started exercising again though, and while I'm still watching what I'm eating, I've relaxed the plan a bit.

:)++

I too had completely fallen off the wagon.

Working an hour and a half away, waiting for DH to finish work, and getting home at 7 or 8pm has a way of making you grab on the go.

I'm very disappointed in myself, so starting tomorrow, DH and I are both catching the train to weight loss again.

Fridge is full of fresh veggies and fruits, and we've made a pact to only eat out once a month.

This will help us save money too, since we're moving into a bigger apartment next month, and we just bought a 2009 Toyota Corolla the other day.

Wish me luck!

Hi guys, I've been gone for the last couple of months due to the knee surgery I was supposed to have. Well, they cancelled it as I was being put under and wanted to postpone it till the following week. This was back in April.

Well, for the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to get on here at all since I've been in a whole lot of pain! Since the surgery fell through and couldn't really do anything for exercising in regards to my diet I decided to get back on the aggressive side with the weight loss again! I joined a boot camp that is held here locally. OMG it is so nuts! Last week I felt like my muscles were tearing apart that I wouldn't even sit in a chair or go to the restroom. I obviously skipped the 3rd session due to the pain.

So now here I am after 2 weeks. I have already lost 10 extra lbs! Boy it's painful but it works wonders. My knee has just slightly started hurting and it's only because of myself now walking with my back straighter and a longer gait. My trainer said it's because I'm getting more flexibility. Now if I can just get through one session without throwing up I'll be great! :D

Good going Issy! Get back on that horse!

I'll re-stick this thread if any of the non-losers out there want to take up the call again!

Since my birthday (late March) I"ve been getting back into things.

Since the beginning of this month:

*Been riding my bike 6-10 miles a few times a week

*Squeaker and I have been walking for an hour or two 4-5 times a week

*Been eating very well - no fast food for a while

It's been working...our engangement pics are our motivation! :p

Good going Issy! Get back on that horse!

I'll re-stick this thread if any of the non-losers out there want to take up the call again!

Luckily I haven't gained any weight. I wanted the surgery but didn't want to put the weight on. My BC leader has us completely eliminating carbs and we have to eat certain types of meals 4 times a day. For example, last night my dinners were a baked tilapia filet and half cup of brown bismati rice with half a cup of egg whites added to make it into a type of fried rice. It was soooo delic! Then my second meal was turkey and lettuce wraps with spinach, fat free cheese and avocado slices. :D

My DF is soo pissed. I went grocery shopping without him and bought milk without the sugar proteins, omega 3 eggs, 98% lean or extra lean meats, you get the idea. The bastard went out later and bought Arby's, as well as he ate a whole box of cereal in a day, like WTH.

Amerikaner, gj!! Seeing yourself in pics always makes it an incentive. Last night I actually had to look through the closet to find clothes that fit. The boot camp is actually toning me up and the food regimen and cardio off days make a huge difference. My knee really hasn't hurt me at all until yesterday since I'm walking so much differently now. :D

If I can ever get my living situation sorted out; i might work on a personal trainer now that I'm not too embarassed to walk into a gym. Hopefully next week.

Do gyms and PT just do a monthly thing?

Yes some do. It does cost a little bit more I believe...but it's better than signing up for a year and never going. It keeps you motivated to go (or so I've heard)... :wink: