isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

IsI-good job and sometimes that purge diet isn't so bad:D Feeling the fat here....it is getting hot and I had to go buy fat clothes to fit in. Feeling disgust and will be losing 25 this summer!

Yes some do. It does cost a little bit more I believe...but it's better than signing up for a year and never going. It keeps you motivated to go (or so I've heard)... :wink:

I've always gone month to month for the payment plan but as long as there was a class I wanted to go to I was able to easily keep motivated. It's easier I think to go and workout in a group with other people than count on yourself to get there on your own. I think I stopped going to my gym becuase they really screwed up the class schedules and the trainers/teachers kept being no shows. It was easy to not show up for class anymore. :dunno:

Virtualrn: You know what soo sucks? Now that they have us doing resistance training as hard as we are, even when I do dishes I start breaking into a huge sweat. Just doing certain household chores gives ya a chance to work out as long as you tighten up those muscles as you're doing the moving around. I have to keep laying down from the sweat and dizziness I develop. Although the eating thing is really hard getting used to with no carbs. Didn't know you could get withdrawal headaches from that. lol I think I like the Romaine lettuce wraps most with turkey, fresh spinach, slices of avocado and a little bit of mustard. :D

I re-stuck the thread....

It's countdown to Summer kids... Get back on that horse!

;)

yea-haw!

The weather in Seattle was BEAUTIFUL!!!! the past 3 days...Sunny and 90ish Friday, then 80ish both yesterday and today. Great day for bike riding by the lake.... :p

yea-haw!

The weather in Seattle was BEAUTIFUL!!!! the past 3 days...Sunny and 90ish Friday, then 80ish both yesterday and today. Great day for bike riding by the lake.... :p

Must you quote yourself? ;)

Referring to my signature?

Nah, I don't need to, but it makes me feel smart :wink:

yes I was referring to the signature! And whatever floats your boat I guess!

8-)

You guys are too damn funny!

Well, today is after day 7 of boot camp. I'm sore as all hell, ouchies!! But I've reached a couple of milestones involving my bum knee. Since Sunday, I can now do squats and hold them for a period of time! I was in the fridge cleaning it out and it was so cool for my DF to tell me to move because I was hurting my knee and I responded with nope, I'm ok. Then again I had to stretch up high on my toes to reach something and got the same thing from him and I responded the same.

The knee is getting a whole lot stronger. I was able to finally do lunges with the damn leg too for the first time. You know what it's like to not be able to bend over where you stand to tie your shoes because your knee is too weak and will give out? I've been able to conquer that too. Although the trainer told me not to go hog wild on it now that I can do those things, I can't help it. I'm going out to get a bike today so I can start getting some bike riding in!

The DF also noticed the body taking on a whole different shape now, getting nicely toned and muscled in some areas although there are others that I'm losing the fat from so they are sort of starting to sag, trainer said that's gonna happen but once I lose some more weight they will be less noticeable. Well DF, decided he wanted to take the new body for a spin. 8-) Ok, now I'm more noticeably sore. lol. I see my doc this morning so she will either be distressed or give me her blessing with what I've done so far.

I've also been real good in the eating dept. I went grocery shopping with my sister and I bought my stuff too which filled up the kids seat. I got stuff like fresh asparagus, alfalfa sprouts, 100 calorie snacks for the kids, no cal/no carb worcester sauce, well you get the idea. My sister on the other hand, 2 gals of ice cream, 8 boxes of Dolly madison cakes, 5 bags of chips, cholocate sauce, well you get the idea on that one too. I swear I had to throw up! This is the sister who's a nurse and says she is on a diet but when she sees me won't recognize that I actually lost weight when she hasn't but laughs at me instead. Oh well, she is ballooning up nicely and won't listen to me when I tell her she needs to change her family's eating habits. Tells me she has to buy like that cuz she has kids. I told her that's just her excuse to eat like a pig. Says I'm torturing mine too by making them eat diet snacks. Umm, I don't think she has noticed the obesity rates of kids in the US nowadays as a nurse. Oh well, blind will be blind.

I also had a training day with work and they catered out, they had a pasta covered in meat sauce (can't have!), another rottini in cream sauce (no no!) and roasted veggies had onions so could't eat that either. I packed for it just in case. While everyone engorged in carbs, fat and oils I sat there an enjoyed my Romain lettuce wraps. Romaine lettuce leaf with 2 shaved slices of meat, fresh spinach leaves, alfalfa sprouts, pinch of cheese for added protein and a slice of avocado for good fats. Yummy! I had everyone watching me and going through a Q/A of eating for my diet. :lol: Was too funny. If anyone wants tips on different things to cook with no carbs, just let me know. Last night I made seared extra lean turkey breast in a portabello soup reduction with more mushrooms and covered steamed broccoli with it. YUMMY!! Tasted soo good last night. :D

I was at 153 this morning. That's 28.2 lost.

I'm sore from the damn Wii Fit today too!

you're sore from a video game?

Uh yes... You try doing 5 hula hoops for 10 minutes buddy!

Uh yes... You try doing 5 hula hoops for 10 minutes buddy!

Hula hoops? Touche.

We joined a gym last week. That's something! :D

yup! I don't do gyms very well - never have. But since i got my bike I've been doing outdoor stuff more often - but my bum hurts when i ride... thinking of getting a new seat - softer and more cushiony :p

I was so happy this past weekend. I did an extra workout of boot camp at work and my coworker joined me since there were just 3 of us there at the time. The next day I decided to take the kids to the Zoo and it was 80deg finally! Well, there is this pair of Khakis I've been trying to fit into for the last 6 months but they were always too tight in the butt and was barely snapping shut. So I decided to brave them on again, guess what!! I finally got them on with no problems whatsoever but 1! They almost DON'T fit anymore! lol How is that for irony?! So now it looks like the Battle of the Khakis has been won and they will only be useful for a couple more weeks it seems. :lol:

On Monday we went to a special Holiday boot camp where both trainers showed up and worked out with us for the whole thing. This one was like nothing we had done before. If anything, we were in groups of 2 or 3 and were competing by the number of sets of exercises we got done. I swear, I was getting complaints from my co-weight losers that I was too damn fast! lol. We lost, they were too slow. ;) I was a push up and squat row monster that mornin and I didn't even have breakfast yet!

Now the sad news came, our boot camp only has less than 2 weeks left so I'm going to have to squeeze in as many morning slots as I can so I can get as close to the max sessions possible. We're allowed to show up for morning or/and night sessions so we can double our workouts. Well that's it for now, still working on some recipes. :D

We joined a gym last week. That's something! :D

Just joining doesnt count. You have to actually GO and work out. Trust me, the YMCA takes $50 out of my checking account every month and I havent lost a single pound because of it. :lol:

Just joining doesnt count. You have to actually GO and work out. Trust me, the YMCA takes $50 out of my checking account every month and I havent lost a single pound because of it. :lol:

Oh, we go. The last couple of days we haven't because of stupid wedding stuff going on (heh), but we love going to work out together. I reaaaaally like watching him run on the treadmill next to me. :twisted:

And, uh, I run. Me. Running. HAAAAAAAAAAA! It's almost scary.

Though, I have to admit, I haven't been watching what I eat AT ALL. We've been off work together all week to take care of last minute stuff and all we've done is go out and eat. It's been fantastic. Just hope I can still fit into my dress after all this. 8]

I'm glad to see this thread going again. I only lost one pound this month. I am off 55-56 pounds so far, having started last August. Still need to lose another 40 or so. The doctor says to increase my workout. I have done that for two months and only lost four pounds in that time. I guess I need to keep working at it.

I am curious about the boot camp. At the county gym where I work out, they are starting a boot camp. They do it each summer. I think it would kill me. I am almost 60 and afraid to give it a try. What do you think for an old fart like me? I feel and look younger, but so many years of being overweight has taken its toll. I go past the room with the spin class and cannot see any way I could do that.

I'm glad to see this thread going again. I only lost one pound this month. I am off 55-56 pounds so far, having started last August. Still need to lose another 40 or so. The doctor says to increase my workout. I have done that for two months and only lost four pounds in that time. I guess I need to keep working at it.

I am curious about the boot camp. At the county gym where I work out, they are starting a boot camp. They do it each summer. I think it would kill me. I am almost 60 and afraid to give it a try. What do you think for an old fart like me? I feel and look younger, but so many years of being overweight has taken its toll. I go past the room with the spin class and cannot see any way I could do that.

Well, I'll tell ya, I have everything against me for the boot camp I'm in, I have a torn ACL and overweight. The great thing with my trainers is that if there is an exercise you can't do, they will provide you with an alternative so as to not strain any injuries you may have. In my case, everything that would normally put stress on the knee is now diverted to the butt and hips. I have only had my knee hurt once from strain and it lasted for 1 day because I was now walking taller and my gait has gotten longer since I've gotten more flexible since I started. We also have older people in our group and they do just great.

Boot Camp is more of a regime to get you to push yourself to your limits. If you can't do it, no one is going to ridicule you if you need to stop. You can stop and rest at any time. Oh hell, there are times I just stand there or go into another exercise or stretch because I can't do it with my knee. Believe me, once you start working out, you will feel more invigorated, flexible and energetic. My trainer also has us on a diet plan to help in burning as much fat as possible. If you want more info on what you can do, send me a PM and I'll give you a sample.

As for myself, I originally started my diet on my own in January and just recently went to my boot camp because of my knee surgery being cancelled and needed to do something quickly because of all the pain I was in. I haven't been to the doctor yet but I'm guessing I'm going to be at about 50lbs lost since I started, which would be great! I'm trying to do at least 10 lbs a month so that I can break 120 lbs lost for the year. If I can hit 50 today, I'll be right on target. Since I started the boot camp I have gotten lots of compliments from co-workers who have seen a huge change. Sometimes a lot of exercise results in not just the melting of fat but the development of muscle. I gained 4 lbs and it was obvious that it was all muscle. Got a few nasty spots where skin is starting to sag but if I can replace the fat with muscle it should work it out.

Again, should you go for it? Hell yeah!! You're never too old to try. Just make sure you follow up with your doctor first and get the ok to participate in something like that with whatever medications you may be on or health conditions. When I signed up for my boot camp, I needed to give them a fit for activity form with my medical history and current medications taken so that they are aware of any conditions that get in the way. I think any responsible trainer would make sure to follow up with their people on something so important. So GL on that, you have nothing to lose but ugly fat! :D

Thanks for the info on the boot camp. I am going to look into it.

I do need to lose some more ugly fat. I once had someone tell me the best way to lose the my ugly fat would be to cut off my heard (bad joke for Monday).

Well, today was the last day of our boot camp and now we have a 2 week break to let our muscles heal. I'm up to 47lbs now!!! I'm sore as all hell but it's so much worth it. Today I wore the hip hugger jeans my daughter got me as a joke because she said I would never get into them. Uh huh! sure. They're actually sliding off even though they are the slimming ones. I ran out of holes on my belt, I guess it's time to get a new one of those too. I had even bought a couple of shirts for further down the line that I woud eventually fit in to. Hmm, DF said I looked yummy in it. Haa haa, yeah I wore it to work. :D

Went in for our Health Risk Assessment last night. Our company tries to find ways to get the employees to be more involved in self wellness. This year they decided to start offering money to get people to go. It's broken down like this $40 just to sign up, show up and fill out the questionaire, $20 for meeting your cholesterol goal, $20 for meeting the blood pressure goal and $20 for the BMI. Well, I met all of them but still a little high on the BMI but was told that if I could drop 1 point by 10/31 I could still collect the last $20. At the rate I'm going I almost feel like I'm cheating. Although my cholesterol was good, the good cholestral was really low. This was an issue last year and with all the dieting and activity I'm doing it should have been going up. Now it's looking like it might be genetic so I will need to go in for blood testing. Until then, my PT has completely restricted me from any carbs whatsoever. OIY! It's bad enough that they are all gone, now can't even have a damn bowl of cereal or rice. lol.

"Ok, remember, hot pants hot shirt, hot pants hot shirt, hot pants hot shirt!" lol :D

Well, for the next 2 weeks I was told we need to take a break from the aggressive training. Since i missed a couple of days I'm going to just do a few more days aggressively with the soundtracks I have access to and some cardio at the gym.

Here is a good recipe for a mashed potato alternative if you're trying to cut out starches.

Cauliflower Mash

What you need:

1 cauliflower head

1 clove of fresh garlic or 1 TBL of minced garlic

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup to 1 cup of Calorie Countdown milk

1/2 cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar cheese

(pepper and use smart balance butter substitute to taste)

1) Boil or steam (preferred) the cauliflower.

2) Using a blender, add cauliflower in parts to blend it up. Add milk as needed when adding additional cauliflower.

3) Once cauliflower is fully blended in the blender, add the salt and garlic then blend one more time.

4) Serve, adding pepper and butter to taste. Top with the Fat Free Shredded Cheese.

I love it, if you don't think about it, you can't tell the difference. Enjoy!

Ok, quick update from last post. Well I talked to the trainer on Friday and explained the situation about my cholesterol. He suggested I now completely cut out my only serving of carbs a day and I'm supposed to go aggressive on some of the good oils to bring up my HDL as well as visiting my doctor to get it checked one more time. Started doing that and been working out almost every day since. Well, between Friday and today alone I've lost 6 lbs! I'm so ecstatic right now! I'm able to do a lot of flexibility moves in just this week that I hadn't been able to do for the whole class until now. I can't wait to go back in 2 weeks to show it off. lol.

I also had to go shopping today to get a new size of clothes. Can't show up at work anymore with my bra straps flashing and I'm running out of safety pins. Also found out that my belt is no good anymore, ran out of holes. Gonna see if I can't punch a couple more holes in it and get the most out of the belt as I can. For the next week I'll probably be stitching in the waistlines of some of my work pants. Boy, this is kind of weird since the last time I lost weight this fast was due to depression but gained it all back when I was ok again. I can't wait till I can finally reach my final goal weight and I'll have to update my ticker with the new weight goal and loss. :D

Not sure if I mentioned my new goals here yet but just in case, I'm looking for at least 10lbs a month with a final loss of 120 lbs for the end of the year. Wish me luck!!

woo hoo! Keep it up isis!

Squeaker finally got herself a bike as well, so we can both ride together. And we found a hell of a deal on some other workout equipment stuff for inside, on the days when we can't bike ride together we can still be good and get our rides in.