isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

I biked my a$$ all over Chicago this past weekend.

One thing that nobody mentions about biking: The bruises.

My legs are covered with them from knocking into the pedals. Perhaps i'm not as coordinated as I should be

:)

I biked my a$$ all over Chicago this past weekend.

One thing that nobody mentions about biking: The bruises.

My legs are covered with them from knocking into the pedals. Perhaps i'm not as coordinated as I should be

Ouchies, yeah that's kind of my problem with the knee. Since I don't have the ACL on the one side, I don't have the strength to make it up hills. Knee isn't stable enough to put that much strength into it. So I would be bouncing off those pedals a lot. The other stuff my trainer has me doing has been working great though.

A quick suggestion for you bike riders and walkers, according to my trainer, if you do any walking/jogging/biking at the same speed for long periods of time, it won't do much damage in the fat loss section. A good way to change this is to occasionally include 30 second sprints or increases in speed to really make you work.

I've gained all but 2 pounds back. :)++

Eh, your married now. You are supposed to let yourself go!

I've gained all but 2 pounds back. :)++

:lol::lol: I love the way you say it so matter of factly and then add the little wave at the end. :lol::lol:

Couldn't be meals at the Brook could it?? Mmmmm.......

I thought you looked good myself. I havent even been on the scales in weeks, but I can tell by the fit of my clothes that I've let it creep back on too. I feel FAT. :(

I weighed myself the morning after vegas and I was 2 pounds lighter...

I know I'm still losing weight because all my work pants are now clown like. I'm going to run to Nordy's at some point this weekend to get a few pairs that fit. Sadly it seems my jeans were too tight to begin with because most of them fit just fine now. :roll:

I'm riding my bike pretty much daily now. In fact she's right next to me on the floor in my office!

Me likey riding my bikey!

xdancex

Ok gotta hate bloating!! Saw the doctor today and I gained 4 lbs, well it will go away soon. Woohoo, starting boot camp again on Monday! Will be another 5 grueling weeks of pain and torture. Some time in the next couple of months we're supposed to be pushing cars and flipping truck tires. Gonne be tons of fun! :Domina::D

Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment!!

Couldn't be meals at the Brook could it?? Mmmmm.......

Could be that. Or the meals all the other yummy places we sneak off to. :lol:

I havent even been on the scales in weeks, but I can tell by the fit of my clothes that I've let it creep back on too. I feel FAT. :(

You look totally hot, though!

And I like the blonde even better in person. :D

Ok guys, I started boot camp again this week. Oh boy what a painful experience!! Getting ready to go back for my last session of the week. This time around, since we only meet on M/W/Fs, I decided to do 2 sessions a day except Fridays. My PT asked me if I was sure that I wanted to do it and I said yes!! He was like, OK... If you think you can do it. Except for some soreness I'm in pretty good shape once I start stretching out. Right now it's a good thing that I don't do 6 sessions a week, he said that he wouldn't allow it since I'm already putting so much strain on the body for the 5, if I did 6 a week I may do some serious muscle damage that would take me out of the boot camp for a while. So no problem, I have to work so can only do the 5. Will keep you guys informed as to my progress.

Lost another pound but it's getting pretty obvious that I'm building up plenty of muscle. Had to finally do shopping for clothes yesterday. My pants are so big that they are sliding under my heels and I'm tripping up with them. They're pretty close to sliding off the hips but I think I can get 2 more weeks out of them. I had to buy clothes in 2 different sizes since I'm in between right now. Felt nice getting clothes smaller than what I'm normally used to. Also did some lingerie shopping, woohoo! The nice silky stuff. :NudgeNudge:

Well, still sticking to it guys. As you can see, my ticker is still moving! I'm now done with my 3rd week of Phase 2, woohoo 3 more weeks to go then break! Still tough as all hell, been trying to get multiple sessions in as much as possible since I'm also doing tons of overtime at work. Starting next week I'll be picking up Core training classes as well as Water aerobics to help supplement what I've been doing to this point.

My sister calls me superwoman now! lol. Went to go pick up her new futon from Wally World and the guys that brought it out were huffing and puffing like little girls. :lol: When we got it back to her apartment, my friend and I took it out of the box and hauled it up the stairs as well as getting the old one out in 20 mins flat. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she lives on the 3rd floor with no elevator and the futon was a "one piece" so we weren't able to take up the cushion first and then the frame. It has now earned me the right to not be picked on when she says for lunch I order "air with a side of air and a little lemon". haa haa.

Also looking at getting a bike with a child trailer to start biking. My knee seems strong enough now and figured the little one would get a kick out of it too. Our State Fair is coming up as well as some of the regional county fairs, gonna be getting lots of walking in over the next few weeks. :D

As of this morning, i've crept back up 6 pounds... I need to get back on the ball this coming week. I've been eating crap food and I know it... not to mention the beers...

Did you know that by drinking, each beer has the potential of inhibiting the body's ability to burn fat for up to 6 days? NO drinking! If you need to drink, try to limit yourselves to 1 glass of wine

Did you know that by drinking, each beer has the potential of inhibiting the body's ability to burn fat for up to 6 days? NO drinking! If you need to drink, try to limit yourselves to 1 glass of wine

:shock:

I'm sure that is not happening, because if it was I would be big as a house!

I've started tracking everything I eat again this week, and will be going to the fitness center when I get back to the apt tonight and every night this week. I have 5 weeks to loose 10 pounds... 5 of those I've already lost so I think I'll be able to drop those again pretty quickly... its the last 5 that are going to be a bear.

Well, if you can bare to be without carbs for 2 weeks you should lose it pretty fast. That means no cereal, bread of any kind, oatmeals, tortillas, basically any flour or grain based item and you will be good on that last 5 lbs. I'll tell you though, alcohol is a killer when it comes to diets so try to stay away from that as much as possible. :D

Oh I hear ya about the alcohol... and I was doing really well not drinking at all, then I got lazy and stopped exercising and started having beers again... now it's taken it's toll. I'm up 5 pounds from my low which was on 6/14... I am biking and walking more than before-but I don't think it is enough to stop the exercising altogether. I'll see how tonight goes after I get back into the fitness center...

Try adding a bit of weights to the mix. When you do your biking and treadmill, do a combo of 1 min walks/ride then 30 seconds of sprints. A combo like that works more to promote fat loss since both are considered cardio. As long as you continue to rotate your routines your body doesn't have a chance to adjust to the exercise so changing what you do makes a huge difference

Right now I'm still doing the 5 sessions of Boot Camp a week which is painful enough and then T, Th, and Sat are supposed to be my cardio days with Sundays off. Been pushing a little more on the cardio days with water aerobics and some weight lifting. My arms are turning into a nice female buff. Not the type that make you manly looking. lol. More like the Xena look, woohoo!

I can't alternate the bike since I'm riding it to/from the train station!

;)

I'm going to just start back in with the elliptical tonight. I might be able to switch back to morning exercising here soon too which will help.

I'm back in the game 2 weeks today. Weighed in this morning and I down 6 pounds in 2 weeks. So, now I just have to lose 4 more to be back where I started before I fell off the wagon. :oops: Nothing like having to re-lose what you already lost before you can start losing again. :confused::lol:

I still haven't made it to the fitness center...

I did ride my bike wed, thur and today though! so thats 15 miles plus some more in the city and I'm going riding down by the lake this afternoon... no scale here...

Nice going on the bike! I wish I could do that but not so sure my knee can hold up with the mileage.

I am dyyyiiiinnnnngggg tonight! Today's schedule was as follows:

- Worked last night till this morning at 9am

- Snuck out to do a Boot Camp session on my hour lunch, 5:45am-7am

- Ran to Post Office from 9am-9:15am

- Went to a Water Aerobics class and marinated in the hot tub from 9:30am-11am

- Got home and made breakfast then finally went to sleep at 12:30pm

- Woke up at 4:30pm

- Off to Boot Camp AGAIN till 6:30p.

- Ran home to cook which Fiance did and sabotaged it all so now I need to find something else to eat tonight.

- Showered at 7:30p

- Punched in at work at 8:30p again.

So How was your day!?!? :D

I'm still here. Just got back from a 4 day weekend at the beach. Consumed way too much alcohol, and was tempted by a seafood at dinners. But I stuck to my plan by day and I dont feel too bad for it. My weigh in is Thursday morning. I feel like I'm going to be down a few pounds. Then I jet off to Dallas for another long weekend. This traveling thing is gonna kill me! :lol:

Hi everyone

I've been away for months lots going on in my neck of the woods.......and nautrally 10 lbs has crept back on!!!! I see all of you are still plugging away Good for you!!!!

JSnow did you reach goal??? Europe!! how exciting....where? Italy I hope is on that journey!

chase how was the wedding?????? Congratulations! I think i left when we were talking about using stevia.......i still gotta look into that!!!!

isisic keep it up the ticker is looking good

Ceowens I have 30 for the gym and 44 for Curves and all i've done is gain!!!!!!

Well I'm back for a while.....need this board to help lose these nasty 20 lbs....oh yea, and continue on with my credit repair! LOL

any quick solutions to jumpstart my weight loss....i need something new.........i get discouraged too easily.........

I'll be checking in..........

have a great day!

yes, we are going to Italy. Rome, Florence and Venice.. and a 12 night med/greek cruise to boot!

3 weeks total. I'm totally jazzed...

yes, we are going to Italy. Rome, Florence and Venice.. and a 12 night med/greek cruise to boot!

3 weeks total. I'm totally jazzed...

I hate joo! Oh and don't forget your bike. 8-)