isislc

CIC Biggest Loser Contest

well, so far things are going well.. I dropped another few 10ths so that now I'm below 154 or the first time since last June. Woo Hoo! I also upped my elliptical time by 10 minutes this morning. I just went a little easier when my feet started aching and go thru it ok. My problem with my feet is Arthritis related-not muscular.

And-are you crazy? Take a cold shower? It's too bloody cold as it is!

My problem with my feet is Arthritis related-not muscular.

And-are you crazy? Take a cold shower? It's too bloody cold as it is!

Good going on the elliptical! I would recommend doing intermittent sprints, gives a more effective workout.

If you're having arthritis problems, may I suggest eating extra jello or taking 2 packs of Knox gelatin a day. I'm trying to replace the cartillage in my knee and for that I take Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM and Knox gelatin tablets (all-in-one-pill). The gelatin helps immediately in helping to lubricate the joints and easin joint pain as a result, long term it repairs the cartilage in your joints. I've been able to stay pretty much pain free when I take those tabs for the knee and i'll tell ya, after a month on the stuff it's doing pretty damn good.

As for the cold shower, you only have to do it for 20 secs. lol. That's what swimmers do right after a meet. During the Olympics, that's the first thing Phelps did before his massage. A nice dip in a cold pool, a warm shower, then the massage table to work out the knots. Although, rollers, tennis balls and rolling pins work too. Preferrably I would love a hot naked man to roll me out!! 8-)

Well today I feel so damn proud of my daughter. She has gone with me religiously to boot camp for two days and already there is a difference in her weight. She showed me that her clothes were already starting to hang and I was excited to see that she was right!!

She is severely obese, and usually, people in that condition will lose a lot of weight in the first couple of weeks of an exercise regime then taper off to reasonable weight loss numbers following that. She has enjoyed the meal plan I set up for her and constantly drinks her water. I'm so proud of her to be sticking with this no matter how sore or tired she gets. She still doesn't listen to some of the advice I give her like the rolling, protein shakes, and cold showers **cough, Snow, cough**. Then starts to understand when I walk around going about my business like I have no pain in the world. hee hee.

She needs to miss Boot Camp because of work tomorrow but wants me to run her through the circuit before I go to work. Not a problem, have everything I need at home to help her.

Keep it up guys, anyone can do this you just need to believe in yourself and want to change for the better!!! You can do it!!! ::Chasey::

Well, first week of boot camp is done! OMG I'm actually in some pain right now. Feels like my arms and butt are burning. Our circuit on Friday included using weights. For the whole workout I wore 3 lb wrist weights on each arm and rotated between 12lb and 8lb dumbbells depending on what exercise we were doing at the time. I will say, I did the cold shower/hot shower thing and it did feel good!

Still haven't weighed myself but I did dare to try on a belt I bought before Christmas that I knew didn't fit me, in hopes it would eventually. When I bought this belt it was 2 inches too short, now it fits with room to spare! Going to let the arms stoke a little this morning then do another weight circuit tonight before work and then tomorrow for a couple of hours.

We've also finally got the cooking thing down. I've had everyone start cooking all their meals on one day for the whole week. If you half cook your meals, you can then pack them and then just pull them out and stick in the microwave at your convenience. Works out quite nicely. Hope everything is working as well for everyone else! :D

So now I'm convinced that alternating the weights/elliptical has jump started everything. I've lost 2.6lbs since last Sunday and up until then I had been hovering within 2lbs of 155 since 12/28. And I've started eating more-not a lot more mind you but I've uped my daily calories about 200 and am including a lot more nuts. I'm also eating a piece of fruit a day-which is huge for me since I never used to eat whole fruit at all.

I know that it has only been a week-but I think this combo may be what gets me to my goal. I'm now only 2lbs above my lowest weight last year and only 8 about my goal! WOO HOO!!

Well, yesterday was another tough day at boot camp. We used weights for the entire circuit and since my daughter came with me, I was stuck using 15 lbs for the whole thing. Can you say OMFG!? lol. All those muscles that were burning on Friday have now gotten a break, it's all the muscles on the other side of them that were burning now. This morening my daughter even woke up in pain from mostly her back. I did get on the scale and measure myself. Found that I lost 7 lbs and 4 inches in my waist! My arms even look thinner from just the 3 days of weights I've been using. lol I'm going to reset my ticker for every thing I'm losing now since it is pretty much out of date now.

Hope everyone else is doing just as great! Keep at it! :D

So yesterday was my lifting day.... all good... So I thought I'd wear the ankle weights around just for a little while... well I ended up wearing them all day... and I did a lot of walking yesterday... I took them off last night and didn't think much of it. But ToDAY---man oh man, my legs were sore in places I didn't even know existed.

I gave my legs a rest today after my 40 mins on the elliptical.

The last 3 days I've lost .2 lbs each day... which is bizarre because I've never lost weight steady like that... Don't get me wrong-I'll take it! That makes 1.4 lbs a week which is pretty much textbook!

OK I've ALMOST made it back to where I was before last weekend. 4 days of road tripping and southern food didn't do my diet any good. Cracker Barrel's are evil and should be removed from the Earth.

That's great to hear about your progress, J. Snow. I apologize for being MIA for the past few weeks. I have been crazy busy at the gym (started working out at 4:30 am), and I'm trying to finish all my paperwork to work internationally next year.

It looks like you are making a lot of progress, which is great! As long as you are seeing results, feeling great, and eating properly - that's all that matters!

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser on Tuesday? While I wasn't sorry to see Joelle go, I was sorry to see her partner go (can't remember her name). I was almost hoping that the dad from the brown team would offer to leave just so that Joelle's partner could stay. Would have been nice if the son from the brown team could then partner up with her and make a new team.

Anyways, I'm glad that the rest of the participants spoke up and told Joelle off. Not having a committed partner in that game pretty much guarantees that you will not last on the ranch for long. What's sad is that Joelle's selfishness and her constant denial is what eventually brought the team down. What a shame.

Yeah, I watch it religiously. Joelle's partner was Carla. I felt really bad for her because she was working her butt off. I've been doing the same thing and hurt my triceps this week from overuse. This is the first time I've been able to sit comfortably and type on the puter.

Yeah, they go through lots of work and it was obvious that Joelle wasn't interested in doing any of it. I had to laugh at her excuse for not losing weight this week. She had tried something new with a higher intensity and it didn't work for her. :ROFLMAO2:

I don't know, but my high intensity is a whole lot different from hers. This week I've been doing 2 sessions of boot camp 3 days a week. On the in between days I do 11 miles on the recumbant bike, 1 hr of core/weight training, and then an hour of water aerobics just to soak a bit. This all with my bad knee, she has a bad brain. lol

That's great to hear about your progress, J. Snow. I apologize for being MIA for the past few weeks. I have been crazy busy at the gym (started working out at 4:30 am), and I'm trying to finish all my paperwork to work internationally next year.

It looks like you are making a lot of progress, which is great! As long as you are seeing results, feeling great, and eating properly - that's all that matters!

Yes, I'm carrying on... This morning I'm just .4 lbs above my lowest weight since High School! Now I have to keep that thru the weekend. And a new Mexican Restaurant just opened near us that I'm really wanting to check out...

Yes, I'm carrying on... This morning I'm just .4 lbs above my lowest weight since High School! Now I have to keep that thru the weekend. And a new Mexican Restaurant just opened near us that I'm really wanting to check out...

RESIST! RESIST!

But I know what you mean about the restaurants popping up. I want to go back to eating sashimi again but really can't. Although the raw fish is fine, the rice isn't. I'm down 14 lbs in 3 weeks and don't want to blow it now. Yesterday I woke up wanting Chinese food. Been working out too much that I want to eat more and although it is somewhat of a good thing, it is possible to overdo it in my case.

Yes, you got to watch out for the mexican food! :) Hey, but you should allow yourself one cheat day a week, and eat the food in moderation. It's OK to cheat from time to time, but do it in moderation. Sounds like you are doing a great job, J. Snow. I

I missed my workout today b/c I went salsa dancing last night, but I'll make it up this afternoon. Though, I felt like I worked out last night w/ all the dancing going on :)

Holy Cow! I'm down' 17lbs now since 12/1/08

Just 5.8 left! But I've already crossed one milestone and that was to get below my previous lowest adult weight-and I did that this morning!

My goal is now closer than ever-so close in fact that I'm going to book my reward: A 4 night mini cruise down to Cozumel and back for next month. I can get an incredible deal so I'm going to take it!

:D :D :D

THAT'S SOME INCREDIBLE NEWS, J. SNOW! Rewarding yourself with a cruise is even better. I'm might even take you up on that, and next time I really want to reward myself BIG: I'm going on a cruise.

Congrats again!

J_Snow:

Nice reward for all the hard work!! If I had the time I would want to head down there. Right now I'm probably going to settle with a trip to Vegas with my daughter for her Bday. You're doing good on the weight loss. Keep it going! Don't forget, as much as you want to eat all that yummy food on the cruise, RESIST!! lol.

Well so far so good. I've finished my first month of boot camp into our transformation challenge. I feel great and sore at the same time. Decided to pick it up a notch and started doing core strengthening/Kwando/water aerobics at Bally's. Last week I did 45 miles on the recumbant bike and the knee is doing great. You would never believe that I had full reconstruction surgery if it wasn't for the obvious scars. So far I've lost 14 lbs for the first month and went down another size. My total with last year is now up to 80lbs total weight lost!!! When I went to see my doctor on Monday she even reacted with a "Holy, wow!" comment. lol. :D

Yesterday our boot camp group did a DVD shoot and we had to wear shirts promoting the group. I have been going with a XXL so asked for one and was told that the biggest one they had was an XL. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to wear it but tried it on anyways. OH MY GOD! I was so ecstatic, the shirt actually fit! It was just a bit snug in the ::Chasey:: but an annoyance easily ignored! I was beaming for the whole workout during the shoot. This was the first time I had been able to do some of the exercises we performed since I've had knee surgery. I even got a few comments from the PT and the others I work out with.

Tomorrow is my gift to myself. I get to go in for a full body massage! Afterwards I get to go to the gym again and put in another few hours. This is the end of our off week and will start part 2 of our contest next Monday. So, feeling great, looking great! Knee is working sooo much better now too.

That is AWESOME! Congrats right back atcha!

I had on OMG moment yesterday. I was changing my tshirt and had my arms stretched above my head and I glanced into the mirror... and saw my abdominal muscles.. No ****! I have a 6 pack under there! Of course they disappeared again under the fat when I put my arms down-but still.. they are there and I know it because I've seen 'em! So this morning-when I was lifting I was extra careful to be sure that I was doing everything correctly and bracing the abs for every rep. I will see those suckers all the time someday!

As for the food on the cruise-I'm going by myself and plan to continue my exercise routine. For each dinner they always have a low fat alternative and I will tell my waiter to skip the butter and oils on other items. I'm not drinking now so that shouldn't be too much of an issue either. I'll have a wine at dinner but that will be about it.

Breakfast is my current weakness. I will be able to get egg whites but not sure how I can avoid the magical pig and get some fat free chicken or turkey. Also-since I'm driving over to the port I can take all my own snacks since I don't have to worry about any airplanes.

The cruise is not until next month so I have a little more time to lose a few more pounds and to keep getting my muscles into shape and looking good!

I'm soo proud (and envious) of you guhys, it's not even funny!

I jsut had hernia surgery this morning, so it's my time to stick to the healthy eating. Squesker went grocery shopping, so now our fridge is stocked! And with good for you stuff, not just good stuff. salad, veggies, juice, fruits, chicken, etc...

And I am alreay treading in a downward direction, I hope to be 180 on my wedding day, but will be happy wiht under 200 (i'm 220 at the moment)

*ps - sorry for any misspellings, i'm on vicodin at the moment :-)

sorry for any misspellings, i'm on vicodin at the moment :-)

You gotta share some with us!! hee hee. Hope you recover well from the surgery. You'll get the weight off. Just eat healthy and don't try to do too much now that you've had the surgery. That one can really damage you for good if you're not careful and overdo it.

You have one good thing going for you and it's that you're a guy. ;) It's so much easier for you guys to lose weight than it is for the rest of us. Just eat good healthy meals and cut out most of the sweets and fats from your diet and you'll be good to go. Walking is also your friend right now. When you get a chance, take your new puppy and squeaker out for a nice walk. That will help in the recovery as well as help get ya back into shape.

Thanks for the complement. I'll tell ya, if you would go through what I am to get back into shape you would probably freak out like my sister did. She wanted to see what my boot camp was all about. When we finally went home she told me we were frickin nuts and the workout did nothing for her, was just a waste of her time. Low and behold the next morning she was texting me and calling me in tears because she was in so much pain that even her armpits hurt and I was a psycho Denise Austin because when she called I was at the gym and had already been there working out for 3 hrs. lol She said no more working out for at least a week till her muscles healed from the boot camp. :D

That is AWESOME! Congrats right back atcha!

I had on OMG moment yesterday. I was changing my tshirt and had my arms stretched above my head and I glanced into the mirror... and saw my abdominal muscles.. No ****! I have a 6 pack under there! Of course they disappeared again under the fat when I put my arms down-but still.. they are there and I know it because I've seen 'em! So this morning-when I was lifting I was extra careful to be sure that I was doing everything correctly and bracing the abs for every rep. I will see those suckers all the time someday!

As for the food on the cruise-I'm going by myself and plan to continue my exercise routine. For each dinner they always have a low fat alternative and I will tell my waiter to skip the butter and oils on other items. I'm not drinking now so that shouldn't be too much of an issue either. I'll have a wine at dinner but that will be about it.

Breakfast is my current weakness. I will be able to get egg whites but not sure how I can avoid the magical pig and get some fat free chicken or turkey. Also-since I'm driving over to the port I can take all my own snacks since I don't have to worry about any airplanes.

The cruise is not until next month so I have a little more time to lose a few more pounds and to keep getting my muscles into shape and looking good!

Thanks Snow. Yeah, bringing your own snacks is the sure way to stick to your plan always! Today I'm supposed to meet my sister's family at a water park in a hotel where they don't allow outside food to be brought in. I've already gotten permission to bring my food due to dietary needs. Most places are really good with that.

As for the abs, oh yeah that feels good doesn't it? I had a botched gall bladder surgery years ago where they had to gut me like a fish to save my life. I have a scar that runs completely across and because of all the damage, there is a nice pocket of belly fat there I've been trying to get rid of. Just like you, when I sit back or stretch out, I'm now able to feel where my upper abs are and my rib cage. It's so nice to know you have that there instead of a spare tire. lol. :lol:

Well yesterday I went to my massage and OMG that felt sooo good! I had her work on corrective massage for the muscles that had been overcompensating with my surgery and work on my triceps which I hurt a couple of weeks ago.

All I can say is WOWSA!!! I still had huge knots in my triceps that she was able to mostly work out. Then she went to work on my calf with the bad knee. It seemed like I had a permanent knot that no rolling or massaging would ever be able to get out. I swear, at the end when she did that it really hurt as she started but then I felt that knot release and I passed right out. She had to wake me up when our time was up. lol

My official New Year resolution now is to make sure I get a deep tissue massage at least once a month for maintenance. It was great, I was going to hit the gym afterwards but then decided to just go straight home and to bed. Was out like a baby for most of the day. :D

I did the same thing on Thursday - 2 hour massage! It was well needed, and it felt great afterwards! I forgot how incredible massages are, even if you choose to workout or not; it's always great to pamper yourself whenever you get a chance.

For those of us who do workout, massages are a must needed item to add to the workout at least once or twice a month. It relaxes your muscles and let's out those toxins to be flush from our bodies.

So, keep working out, pampering yourself, eating healthy, and drinking lots of water :)!