Which credit monitoring service is best?

VirtualTxn

I am interested in the reponses to this also. Per suggestion of some "boarders" I signed up for Privacy Matters 1-2-3 free trial. The word was that when you went to cancel you would get an offer for $29.95 for the whole year.

Well, no such luck for me. They heppily let me cancel. But that may have been because I had already had to call 3 times because I had problems with the service and charges to my credit card. Maybe I was "flagged"...LOL

I'm looking for a service where I have unlimited pulls and also can get my FICO scores. I see where some people pay around $30/month to do this but that seems outrageous! Now $29.95 for the whole year........ :lol:

Oh, and Orchard Bank is offering me a free trial that includes a credit score, but I think it's the score you guys have referred to as a "FAKO'. (More research needed.

Thanks Amerikaner83. I guess I'll stick with True Credit. I'm still curious to know how many pulls I acquire before they ban me. It seems like they should tell you that up front. Also, unless you "update" your report you're seeing the same report each time you view it. Not until I found this site did I realize I was looking at the same damn report since June...heh.

I pull mine about 5 times a week at random times. I have been doing it since late July. I thought I was going to get the boot earlier this week, but it seems to have been a fluke.

As willing said, there does not seem to be a magic number rather a magic pattern. There have been people on this board report the boot after a couple of weeks. Others like me have been on almost six months. *looks around for wood to knock on*

I'm thinking of getting EQ's family monitoring service, I could monitor my husband, myself, and my daughter (when she turns 18). I've only just started looking into the monitoring services available, haven't decided just yet if I want to bother with FAKO's or get actual FICO's....:?

I checked DH and my CR's and scores on Friday, our credit isn't as messed up as I was expecting it to be. That's when I saw EQ now offers a family monitoring service. I kinda wish though that they'd allow minor children to be monitored as I am worried for my children's potential to have their ID's stolen - there is no end to how greedy people are these days. And as I said in another thread, my 17 yr. old spent 15 yrs in foster care - lots and lots of people have had access to her personal info. and SSN. :shock:

Got some service shopin' to do! xdancex