gator944

Validation Letters

OK guys. I'm new to this, so bare with me. I have gone through my credit report and found errors, missing information, or duplicate line entries with every entry on it. I have typed validation letters to each company listed so that the correct information can be added or the item deleted.

Does anyone here have any words of caution or wisdom for me? After reading many, many posts here, it appears that by going through the Credit Reporting Agency for verification, it just gets rubber stamped by the reporting folks or the creditors. It seems to me that with my validation letter they will have to provide the documented proof instead of just "certifying" the information.

Hope to hear from you soon.

You must be careful. Because your dispute will be ruled frivolous and likely stamp verified! So each disputed item must be accurate and very specific. Not mine is not specific,use "balance incorrect" and etc. That will force the credit bureaus to contact the actual source and await a response as oppose to matching databases. Now for missing info and I'm presuming accounts not showing up you must contact the creditor directly and ask please place on my credit reports!

Thanks for the info. A couple have incorrect balances. None have "last activity" dates, just last payment received dates. A paid off vehicle loan shows a $25.00 balance with the account noted "handled by credit counseling service". That one is definitely incorrect. I also have a couple of duplicate entries. 99% of report has negative information due to a divorce, but all of the negative items should drop off in 2008.

If I request validation straight from the company, and they don't respond, does that give me any horsepower have it deleted from my report? Again, I wasn't sending anything to the reporting agencies. My Validation Letters are going straight to the creditors.