Should I do this to help my score?

WOOD1

I have 3 bad accounts on my report degrading it. The only account I have open is for a jewlery store in which I purchased a wedding ring in 2001, the account was paid in full but has not been used since then. I called them to see if I could make a purchase and they said yes. Anyway, I don't think it was ever closed but was surely inactive for all those years. Would it help to make a small purchase in an effort to boost my score a bit, I could purchase a Christmas gift, would it help or no? I think the balance available is 7k.

Using your aged revolving account could prove very beneficial. Aim for a balance of at least $70 and no more than $690 approx. (wait for it to update to the CRA's) and pay on time. This should yield a nice increase due to improved Utilization. Search that phrase here and elsewhere on the net for additional information.