Has anyone had any experience with them?

I got a 2008 model car in September which is financed through Toyota Financial. When I logged into my orchard account yesterday, on a whim I clicked the auto refinance button and submitted an application. I was accepted for a rate 5% lower than what I currently have. It will save me over $5000 and take a full year off of my financing (same monthly payments).

Not sure if I should go with it, or wait for a few more months and try to get something even lower. Not sure if it's possible to refinance a refinance, unless I just get a personal loan at a lower rate? But I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Also, I called Toyota Financial and told them about my lower offer to see if they would match or beat it, and they said the don't do direct lending. They only work through dealerships. So I said "I should just go with the other company then" and the guy actually said "yes." :roll:

I was with them for about a year. They were ok. Nothing special. Just make sure you make your payments on time. As soon as I could, I refinanced through my credit union.

If you have a bank or credit union you are a member of, I would try and go that route first. 5% is a good savings though.

I know that HSBC auto does not refinance their own vehicles. I have one financed through them and wanted to refinance last year and was told by them that they don't refinance their own accounts! :evil: I get emails from them offering me $100 reward for obtaining another vehicle which I would never do with them again! 88-) Also, you have to make your payments exactly on the date or late charges begin the following day...no grace period!:roll:

I was with them for about a year. They were ok. Nothing special. Just make sure you make your payments on time. As soon as I could, I refinanced through my credit union.

If you have a bank or credit union you are a member of, I would try and go that route first. 5% is a good savings though.

My problem is that I got the car plus three credit cards all in within 2 weeks (late August/beginning of September) and AES still hasn't fixed the massive error on my reports (my original 8 student loans were consolidated in 2005, but they're all reporting 150+ days late since the consolidation, they were never late even once :evil:).

I think I need about 3 more months before applying with my bank. My current interest rate is 16.4% and HSBC is offering 11%. I'm not sure if it's worth going with them now, or just waiting and hoping everything is resolved around March/April and trying for a better rate then.

I think you might as well go for it. And then when everything is fixed, you could refinance again through another company and probably get an even lower rate. Just make sure they dont have a pre-payment penalty and they dont have any kind of weird outrageous doc fees or anything.

My problem is that I got the car plus three credit cards all in within 2 weeks (late August/beginning of September) and AES still hasn't fixed the massive error on my reports (my original 8 student loans were consolidated in 2005, but they're all reporting 150+ days late since the consolidation, they were never late even once :evil:).

I think I need about 3 more months before applying with my bank. My current interest rate is 16.4% and HSBC is offering 11%. I'm not sure if it's worth going with them now, or just waiting and hoping everything is resolved around March/April and trying for a better rate then.

AES/PHEAA sucks for me, especially on EX. They have the two consolidated loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) and four loans reporting as government write-offs, charge-offs, etc. They aren't write-offs. Brazos, PHEAA/Brazos didn't simply decide to let me off with out paying my loans. They've been consolidated. I can't get anyone at PHEAA to do a damn thing for me. I am writing a GW letter to Richard Wiley, the CEO of AES/PHEAA. Maybe that will work.