response to my goodwill letter

divinemadness

so today i get this letter in the mail in response to one of my goodwill letters i sent...to the prez of first financial bank. and i sent the letter i let u all read.. this is what they said:

Dec. 12, 2007

Dear Ms. XXXXX:

This is in response to your letter dated December 4, 2007 regarding your 1st financial bank usa ("bank") credit card account. upon receipt of your letter, we reviewed your account. the results of our review are as follows.

Federal law requires our instituation to report accurate customer credit information to the credit reporting agencies. the credit information reported to the credit reporting agency on the above-referenced account relfected the manner in which the account was handled. unfortunately, we are unable to remove correct information from your credit report.

we trust that this responds to the concerns raised in your letter. if you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 800-733-1732.

Sincerely,

1st Financial Bank USA

Central Services

so what the heck do i do now? and i sent this to the PRESIDENT of the company and "central services" sends this back??? what should i do now?? i feel like getting nasty with em. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh :twisted:

this is the letter i sent:

12/04/2007

Keith Willard, President & CEO

First Financial Bank SD

101 Main St

PO Box 98

Dupree, SD 57623

United States

Phone: (605) 365-5191

Fax: (605) 365-5189

Dear Keith Willard, Chairman and CEO of First Financial Bank,

I am writing to you today in regards to my First Financial Bank account which I had from 06/2003 until 02/2005. The purpose of my letter is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit bureaus.

I’m young, and First Financial Bank was my first credit card. I was very happy with the service; however, I was not the ideal customer. I’ll admit I made some mistakes in the handling and budgeting of my account. I should have kept better records regarding the account and I take full responsibility. The reason for my delinquency is that I have suffered severe medical problems that began in 2004. I have been hospitalized numerous times and been treated for various illnesses, all which have made me disabled to this day and unable to hold a full time job.

I was aware of the unpaid balance when I received a copy of my credit report in May of 2007; I had some extra money and called to pay First Financial Bank. I paid in hopes to clean up my credit report. The collectors on the phone told me if I paid, they would delete this from my report. I feel cheated now that they haven’t come through on their promises and I paid. All in all, after their misleading promise, my credit report has not improved because of paying First Financial Bank. I would have been better off to save my money and not pay. But I did pay, and I’m hoping you will take this as a sign of good faith.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of First Financial Bank’s user agreement, I was however hoping you might review the circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with my account from my three credit reports, to show my true credit worthiness. This would give me, as a young adult, the ability to have a chance for a sound financial future.

I am not disputing anything with First Financial Bank. I am simply asking First Financial Bank for a courtesy gesture of goodwill and good faith in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be First Financial Bank’s normal policy. From my homework, a company does have the legal permission to remove any account it chooses to from my credit report. I'm hoping that First Financial Bank will do that in my case for this account.

Your kind consideration in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was a royal blow-off if I ever saw one.

If they're reporting factually correct information, there's probably not a whole lot you can do. Keep trying the social engineering approach. Try different departments. Try different variations of the letter, in which you make it sound like you were late due to some type of error on their end. You may eventually hit someone sympathetic to you.

Good-will's are always hit or miss. I expect they probably work about 10% of the time, if that.

Call the corporate HQ switchboard. Asked to be connected to "the office of Mr./Mrs. <CEO Name>". You will be connected to the CEO's executive assistant. You will not be able to go beyond this person, but it doesn't matter. In any large corporation, the CEO's Executive Assistant is a very powerful person. Besides being the ultimate gatekeeper, she is normally responsible for overseeing the other executive assistants.

You'll want to succinctly and kindly (both very important) explain your situation and ask her whom you need to speak with regarding this matter. If you're friendly, but firm, she'll give you the name and direct phone number/email address of the correct person. She might even be willing to transfer the call. When you contact that other person, make sure you mention the fact that you were referred by Mrs. <Executive Assistant> and then state your case.

Call the corporate HQ switchboard. Asked to be connected to "the office of Mr./Mrs. <CEO Name>". You will be connected to the CEO's executive assistant. You will not be able to go beyond this person, but it doesn't matter. In any large corporation, the CEO's Executive Assistant is a very powerful person. Besides being the ultimate gatekeeper, she is normally responsible for overseeing the other executive assistants.

You'll want to succinctly and kindly (both very important) explain your situation and ask her whom you need to speak with regarding this matter. If you're friendly, but firm, she'll give you the name and direct phone number/email address of the correct person. She might even be willing to transfer the call. When you contact that other person, make sure you mention the fact that you were referred by Mrs. <Executive Assistant> and then state your case.

i thought people thought it was a bad idea to call?