pulpfiction

If you have LVNV on your CR - READ THIS!!!

are they required by law to respond?

Sure, just like they're 'required by law' to report 'debts' to the CRA's accurately.

They're aware their actions are illegal so they provide as little documentation as possible. (They'll tell the court they answered your DV.)

That's why you dispute with all relevent agencies.

They will repond to the CRA's, FTC, AG, and possibly the BBB,k who will provide you with proof. Each false response is another violation.

About all you can do is follow the validation/dispute procedure. Definately DV

LVNV.

Once you've exhausted all recourses listed here, you should have enough evidence to interest a NACA lawyer.

If the debt is invalid, (you were 14 years old when they opened it?) some lawyer should see a good opportunity.

LVNV keeps passing my debt around to various collection agencies. I DV and I hear nothing until I get another letter from another agency. How can I stop this? I am confused on where to go next. Should I DV Resurgent?, LVNV or the new agency?

I ended up cc-ing every LVNV entity they listed on their mini-miranda for DH. I have a feeling they'll sell, but who knows - they were stupid enough to send 2 letters to us (after they replied to the first one that they were "investigating") & had called relatives detailing the alleged debt. We haven't heard from them since so I have a feeling they've sold it someone else!

of LVNV's 'whack a mole' scam, (after having a fictional debt passed around

4 LVNV CAs) I sent LVNV and the other CAs a cease and desist letter

If they want to try to extort me, I want them to start racking up FCRA violations ASAP, so we can cut to the chase.

I informed them I knew about their CA scams, the fraudulent affidavits they

used in court, and their pretending to be a 'Factoring Company.'

"Whatever debt you're claiming to represent is irrelevent now that you've

refused to validate, (because you can't) 4 times!

"And if you touch my TL, I'll sue you."

(The thing is, I'm not bluffing. I don't suggest the above approach if someone

really has a legitimate debt or isn't ready to sue.)

When I get around to it, I may send some letters to the AG in States that LVNV runs their 'Factoring Company' scam in.

http://www.budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/alegis_corp.htm

LVNV keeps passing my debt around to various collection agencies. I DV and I hear nothing until I get another letter from another agency. How can I stop this? I am confused on where to go next. Should I DV Resurgent?, LVNV or the new agency?

For kmmp, Sherman, or LVNV, will recycle your account every six months to a new collection agency. This will go on for the full seven years, unless, a bankruptcy, or some sort of legal action takes it off their computer discs.

Sometimes even the bankruptcies are not taken off the discs.

Here is how they work. They have a computer disc w/thousands of accts they own, and they download them to a collection agency. The collection agency has the accounts for six months. After six months, the accounts are withdrawn, disc not updated unless some serious violation on there, and downloaded to the next collection agency. If there are payment arrangements they may leave a accont at the previous agency, or a promise for pmt, otherwise, the accts are uploaded, back, and downloaded to the next collection agency. This never ends, it is constant.

***deleted link****

If it is a debt as above, it will be recycled, recycled. There may be a chance w/the CRA's disputing, but facored, and having had knowledge, and working w/people who had contracts w/the above mentioned, it is a recycling process, they don't even take the bankruptcies off the discs.

Just send the discs, w'thousands of accts around and around.....:-(.

Well, one of their entities finally sent their "verification" which consisted of a form letter with my name, social, address and the amount they say I owe, it was strange, they also put my mother's name on the letter and she has been dead for over a year, we never had an account together, ever. No name of original creditor or proof that this debt even belongs to me! It might, but I don't remember the amount they are claiming at any point in my credit history of over 30 years! They "verified" with just 1 day before the 30 but since they didn't really "validate" should I send them letter saying they have no claim since they cannot prove debt actually belongs to me?:confused:

why don't we all get togather and start a class action law suite on lvnv they are screw with all of a factoring loan account an charge off account reporting as an open account

When you do............I'm in!!!!!!!!

lvnv/resurgent ::BigGun::

if someone started a website promoting a LVNV Class action suit, where people could pool their $$$. Basically, advertising for an atty.

But LVNV could probably curtail that simply, by threatening to sue the ISP provider.

The fact that LVNV's tactics, especially utilizing false affidavits extensively,

is so well known, and the Attorney General(s) won't do something is an indication of a bigger problem.

One thing that we could do, is get some legal advice to help us produce an

offensive 'Anti-LVNV' kit package which we'd make available to people for an organized letter writing campaign to the 'AG establishment.'

The thrust would be, to remove the govs' 'plausible deniability'. I'd say, 10,000 letters (including victem's affidavits!) would do the trick.

if someone started a website promoting a LVNV Class action suit, where people could pool their $$$. Basically, advertising for an atty.

But LVNV could probably curtail that simply, by threatening to sue the ISP provider.

The fact that LVNV's tactics, especially utilizing false affidavits extensively,

is so well known, and the Attorney General(s) won't do something is an indication of a bigger problem.

One thing that we could do, is get some legal advice to help us produce an

offensive 'Anti-LVNV' kit package which we'd make available to people for an organized letter writing campaign to the 'AG establishment.'

The thrust would be, to remove the govs' 'plausible deniability'. I'd say, 10,000 letters (including victem's affidavits!) would do the trick.

Keep me in the loop.....

I recently started disputes with the CRA's and got about 8 things deleted after their investigation, but LVNV is still there! I am pissed off about this cause the original creditor for this account was Sears and that was taken off my credit by the CRA.

Is there any way I can get LVNV off my credit? Specially since the original creditor is off already and I have never had any communication with LVNV? my original account went delinquent way back in 2000, and that is why the CRAs took it off..but how do I get this people off all my 3 credit reports? Please help will be appreciated.

I recently started disputes with the CRA's and got about 8 things deleted after their investigation, but LVNV is still there! I am pissed off about this cause the original creditor for this account was Sears and that was taken off my credit by the CRA.

Is there any way I can get LVNV off my credit? Specially since the original creditor is off already and I have never had any communication with LVNV? my original account went delinquent way back in 2000, and that is why the CRAs took it off..but how do I get this people off all my 3 credit reports? Please help will be appreciated.

Do you have the documentation to prove the 2000 DOFD? What DOFD is LVNV reporting on this tradeline? If you don't know, call all 3 CRA's and ask them. Once you have this info, I would request an investigation with LVNV under sec 623 of the FCRA. They have 30 days to respond. See what they have.

Do you have the documentation to prove the 2000 DOFD? What DOFD is LVNV reporting on this tradeline? If you don't know, call all 3 CRA's and ask them. Once you have this info, I would request an investigation with LVNV under sec 623 of the FCRA. They have 30 days to respond. See what they have.

Does scetion 623 apply to a JDB?

Does scetion 623 apply to a JDB?

A JDB becomes an OC for 623 purposes when they purchase the acct. Key is you must have had a CRA dispute verified first before requesting it.

A JDB becomes an OC for 623 purposes when they purchase the acct. Key is you must have had a CRA dispute verified first before requesting it.

OK, now I'm a little confused....

Why then does the reports list the OC under the LVNV tradeline?

I thought OCs are not subject to the FDCPA? LVNV is, aren't they?

OK, now I'm a little confused....

Why then does the reports list the OC under the LVNV tradeline?

I thought OCs are not subject to the FDCPA? LVNV is, aren't they?

Gets a bit confusing sometimes. The OC isnt' listed on either of the TL's LVNV has on my reports. The true OC is not subject to the FDCPA and the way that LVNV operates through a series of CA fronts, they would like you to beleive they are not subject either but they are liable for the violations their CA's commit. They are subject to the FCRA as an OC and data furnisher and 623 is one of the few tools we have to deal with them.

A new-bie here. Just a quick question..sort of.

I do not have LVNV on my credit report anymore. Last August they fell off after 7-7.5 yrs reporting period passed. A month ago, I recieved a letter from one of its affiliated companies Capital Management Services, LP to pay same old debt. I DV'd them and they replied back stating that they recieved my DV letter and they will gather info from the other company Resurgent Capital Services and will forward to me once they recieved it.

It is almost 30 days now and have not heard anything back, and my question is what should be my next step. Should I send them a 2nd DV letter or simply send them a "FOAD" letter. Could they still sue me if I send them a C& D letter? The debt is way, way past SOL and I do not have any judgment. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

A new-bie here. Just a quick question..sort of.

I do not have LVNV on my credit report anymore. Last August they fell off after 7-7.5 yrs reporting period passed. A month ago, I recieved a letter from one of its affiliated companies Capital Management Services, LP to pay same old debt. I DV'd them and they replied back stating that they recieved my DV letter and they will gather info from the other company Resurgent Capital Services and will forward to me once they recieved it.

Then they'll send a letter from another LVNV company that '''confirms''' your debt with a statement.

It is almost 30 days now and have not heard anything back, and my question is what should be my next step. Should I send them a 2nd DV letter or simply send them a "FOAD" letter. Could they still sue me if I send them a C& D letter? The debt is way, way past SOL and I do not have any judgment. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

I used a C&D to get LVNV to STFU. And, to force them to to take direct action legally, which is more risky for them than the incremental game they play using letters from their many 'branches.'

I'm really of the opinion, that LVNV want to play hardball & a court confrontation is probably inevitable. I want it to be on 'their dime'.

The consensus among knowlegable folk here indicates that CFA Sec 623 is

the main law we have to defeat their scheme; which is basically that they use all their DBAs and aliases to deny that they're a CA and/or subject to any FCA regulation.

Keep me in the loop.....

LVNV is a national scam operation that incorporates in many states for the

express purpose of obsfucating the legal system, and confusing their victims.

So LVNV's in the juristiction of the FBI's 'BUNCO' division which is the only

legal agency with the juristiction to attack a 'syndicate' like LVNV in multiple states.

It would be nice if some of the more knowlegable members helped us draft a letter that spells it all out & then we could all mail it to our local offices. (Just like those petition sites that have changed the political world!)

But without a very informative and legally correct letter, we can't expect a

quick remedy.

Hi I got served in april and had court with LVNV in May. I asked them to validate me in court at my hearing and they had to respond to me by june 5th. They sent a letter saying I owed this OC 1000 dollars, but no real paperwork in bills that were sent to me. I was supposed to write a response by july6th and I did not send anything to the court. I thought maybe i could just settle with them for less and pay it off before court. Now they said they know I have court at the AUG 30th and say that I will be responsible for the whole amount and will garnish my paycheck. They will not settle with me for anything less than the whole thing and is there any way i can beat this in court. What can i do in this situation. I have court coming up and I dont know how to defend myself and they will not settle with me to make it smaller. They would not validate my debt when I called them and said by me calling them I have accepted tht I owe them this money. They are such jerks and I feel terrible everytime I get off the phone with them. Can I appeal if I lose or will a continuance increase my chances. If they would settle for half I could do this but they are not budging because they sense weakness.

I would tell the judge that you never received legal validation from LVNV. Just because they say you owe someone, they need proof. Ask the judge to have LVNV produce the chain of ownership of this debt, or produce billing statements. I would also tell the judge that LVNV threatened to garnish your paycheck.

I'm not sure if you restarted the sol by trying to settel with them or not.

I don't think so because the sol is suppose to start when last payment or last time you charged something to the account. And as long as you haven't made any payment in the last 3 years you should be able to claim sol.

I'm also from VA. and LVNV sued me.

The first day we went in front of the judge I told the judge that: I didn't believe this was my debt, I had sent LVNV a validation letter and they didn't validate, and IF this was some old debt that I couldn't remember (because my x use to handle all the bill years ago) this debt was so old that the sol applies.

The judge set another court date and ordered them to provide me with a bill of particulars and also to show last date of any charges or payments to the account.

They didn't file the bill of particulars by the due date so I filed a MSJ.

The day of court , they didn't even show up, but they did file a paper with the court asking the judge to non-suit the case. So the judge non-suited the case.

OC: Sears

Date Updated: 06/2006(?)

DAte Opened: 07/1998

DAte Closed: 06/2004

DAte Paid: 11/2003(?)

Disputed CRA's first and DVL's to LVNV and Northland Group (received letter from Northland two weeks after trying to preapprove for house.) LVNV was not on CRA report two months before.

CRA's now reporting as "verified"

CRRL--Northland Group signed 07-19-2008

CRRL--LVNV signed 07-21-08

Received letter dated 08-19-2008 postmarked 08-20-2008

Previous Creditor:Sears

Current Creditor: LVNV

ACCT#

Balance $

Thanks for inquiry see copy of DV (letter stating OC, Acct#, CC, Balance) We have taken necessary actions to ensure you will receive no further contact from Resurgent Capital Services, LP. If questions call 888-665-0374.

What is the next step?

I have been reading for a few weeks and am overwhelmed. I have been able to remove seven old debts off CRA report thanks to the info on this site:-)