elyse449

Question:Orchard AND Unionplus?

Hi Folks,

I have an Orchard card and this last summer went rounds when I attempted to apply for their regular, unsecured card. I had received an offer in the mail as I recall, so I went ahead and applied (I was applying for a regular HSBC I believe, gosh-can't remember!) anyway...I was initially denied due to "having the maximum card limit" with their company. That's right, I had one SECURED card. What was suggested by the folks at Orchard/HSBC was to pay up and close my secured and that they'd open me the unsecured. I ended up doing that. At any rate, I am wondering if anyone has the Orchard and the Unionplus card? I am afraid to apply given that it's an HSBC card to. Thoughts?

Elyse

Hi Elyse, LTNS

I had an orchard secured card and a HSBC card...I just closed Orchard and still have the HSBC card open...they just raised my CL from 500.00 to 800.00 a month or so ago when Orchatd would not unsecure me...

So I had 2 cards for about 6 months and it did not seem to matter to them....

Good Luck

I was approved for orchard and union plus (GREAT card) at the same time. HSBC canceled the tiny 300 orchard before they even printed the card. Gave me the UP card with 2000CL though. so I was fine with that.

See, the whole idea is to open one w/ them and CLOSE my stupid First Premier. I know, I know...it was stupid of me to open it in the first place-lesson learned. PIF for them just doesn't matter. They just suck in general. Anyway, not sure my FICO's support the Unionplus just yet--they're in the 620 range last I checked, but I'm going to check again before I bother applying along with researching what credit file they'll pull, the liklihood of getting approved, etc. I had a FA on, but those are gone now.

Thanks again, folks.

Elyse

P.S. Nice to see some familar faces! Been at work--good ole 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm) along with other stuff going on. I've missed you folks.

Ok, so I checked my credit files via Truecredit. It is still listing my BK from Oct 2000 (dismissed) on my Equifax report. The other two files have removed that information.

Also, the FAKOs on that site read as follows; TU 630, EX 632, Eq 609

Thoughts?

I'm sorta chickening out anyway---I am thinking I should dispute the BK along with wait for my other cc accts to age a bit. I think my oldest is maybe just over a year old. Not sure. Maybe I'll wait until this summer. Dunno. Sure would LOVE to get rid of that First Premier one though. It's PIF.

Elyse

Go to hsbcapply.com or you can try for a citi card, they will work with bk and they pulled ex i think, maybe eq anyway I got a 6g limit there, just put that u may make a bit more than you do, I put 65k i only make 55.. i don't know if it matters but i got the plat mc from shell.."citi"

i can't get them to up my orchard, but it is a pretty card and I am going to keep it , it does a 500 CL form the 300 that i got approved for. i asked then the other night before i activated it could they do something for me, they said no. i said well hell activate it and if i don't like it i will pay the 39 bucks and keep it for a credit builder, she said u can rebuild your credit with this, I said i already have one with you all and have a 850cl on it, and A new 6g limit with citi lol....... She said well u have to show some kind of history with orchard bank, i said who are you? She said hsbc I said OK I have a PERFECT history with you all, pif on my card and my car lol....

I could never get Orchad to give me a CL increase. They did consolidate my cards and give me a CLI after I told them I wanted the account(s) closed.

-r

4 years perfect payments, and I could not get an increase either, 500.00 was the CL...so I finally closed the account and have moved on...took awhile to get my deposit back too.

Good card and helped me rebuild, but I don't need it now.

i got the plat orchard card, it has the pay pass in it, very nice. they gave me 200 more on the cl to keep the card lol, I am going to keep it. I like the way it looks and the pay pass, wonder if they will put my 850 cl from my best buy card over to it? lol