First step into the New Year...

taking_my_life_back

Hi, all. Even though I've been doing research on this site for several months now I have just recently become a member and this is my first thread. I hope to use this and any future threads to learn more about credit repair and post any questions and updates to my credit situation.

Initially, I had good credit but, as most of us know, good credit entices more credit offers and, to make a long story short, I didn't handle it very well. Reasons why? I can offer two: YOUNG AND STUPID! After sitting on my hands for a few years (avoiding both OCs and CAs), most of the time feeling helpless, I am finally reading to take my life back. With the advice presented on this site I recently sent my first letters to the CRAs disputing negative TLs reported by my OCs. A couple of weeks later I sent another string of disputes to the CRAs after identifying all the CAs reporting. I am keeping meticulous records of my efforts.

Now I guess its just a waiting game... for now.

I would like to thank the administrators and members of this forum. You give courage, determination, and hope to those who are fortunate enough to find this site when dealing with credit repair.

FICOs

12/20/07 EQ:478 EX:464 TU:496 :( but looking forward to turning this frown upside down!

Welcome to the board and don't fret, we all ended up here with similar problems of our own dealing with our mishandling of credit. We're only human, only need to learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat them. Hope all works well on those disputes! :)%