Follow-up help needed

I ran a copy of my CR months ago and found a listing I didn't recognize. I DV'd and followed up by disputing with CRAs. The CRAs came back verified but I heard nothing from the CA. I sent them a follow-up letter stating that they were in violation and had to validate before they could collect - including verify to CRAs. I heard nothing. I requested MOV from the CRAs since I had never had one iota of correspondance from this CA. The CRAs came back with a rude mailing that the CA verified and all they gave me was an address. Then last week (months later), I get a letter from the CA that is simply an invoice for payment (not validation). I don't recognize the OC or anything to do with this. Since I've already sent them two letters demanding validation, what do I do now?

All furnishers of info to CRAs are obligated by law to make sure the information is accurate. Send a letter (cmrrr) to the CA and state that you have no knowledge of this account and insist that they remove the account from your credit report immediately, pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. At the same time, file a complaint with the BBB and your AG and their AG if in a different state.

That will wake them up.

-r

I really have no idea who this company is (neither OC or CA). I did send a letter within days of finding them on my credit report, but the only letter they have ever sent me was the one last week. How do I file with the BBB and/or AG against them? I live in KY (where we have no help) and the AG site is messed up since we just got a new one and they haven't updated anything due to the holidays. The CA is in TX.

By the way, when I requested MOV from the CRAs, Experian only sent me a 'policy' note. I thought they were supposed to supply something to show these people filled out a form or checked yes on the computer or some other ridiculously stupid method. As it is, they sent me two letters - one to say they already investigated my dispute and won't again (how strange since I didn't ask for another investigation) and another to tell me that "When you question information... (this is what we do)" and you can put a note on your account if you don't like it.

As it is, they sent me two letters - one to say they already investigated my dispute and won't again (how strange since I didn't ask for another investigation) and another to tell me that "When you question information... (this is what we do)" and you can put a note on your account if you don't like it.

Unfortunately, this is pretty standard. They are saying that they believe they have completed an proper investigation regarding this dispute and if asked to dispute again will deem the dispuste "frivolous". Have you tried requesting an investigation from the OC? You can request one per FCRA. They have to respond within 30 days. If you truly do not recognize this account could it be ID theft? or do you think this account might have ended up on your report in error. My next step would be to have the OC look into this situation. Here is more on going that route. I would also mention that the CA did not respond and CRA's verified. I would Copy AG and BBB too. CrapOne ignored my requests until I copied my AG and their AG on my correspondence. Depending on how much influence or involvement your AG has on this sort of stuff it may or may not work but couldn't hurt. :)

http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml