Cap one

CreditFixerUpper

Ouch, I'm just trying do join th dumb blonde 700 club! What about the good will letter? Come on, there has to be hope.

haha! well, from one blonde to another... I tried it ALL with them! I tried to negotiate- offered them more money, calls, emails, goodwill letters, nutcase letters, all over 3 years, I even tried that popular "doctrine of estopel" letter that some here were using, I've disputed until the CRA won't let me dispute it anymore...- they are determined to remain my 1 PIA "baddie". They're not called "crap one" for nothing.

but, hey- it never hurts to try :)

Guys, I know it's a dumb question but, hey, I'm a rookie. How can an account be "paid in full for less than the full amount"? Sounds like a contradiction in terms. Thanks.

Because the full amount of what was negotiated was paid. However, most reports read- "settled for less than the full amount"