what do i do next?

katrina1231

i dv'd a ca and received copies of what seem to be old statements from July of 2000 - Dec 2000....i believe the SOL is up (i'm in NJ)...what should my next move be? there is nothing on mt credit reports about this account which leads me to believe it's definitely past the SOL....any help would be great... i want to get them to leave me alone.

thanks

i dv'd a ca and received copies of what seem to be old statements from July of 2000 - Dec 2000....i believe the SOL is up (i'm in NJ)...what should my next move be? there is nothing on mt credit reports about this account which leads me to believe it's definitely past the SOL....any help would be great... i want to get them to leave me alone.

thanks

Do you know when the debt became deliquent - meaning; do you know that it's pase SOL and have some evidence to show it?

The fact that they had these documents to send and tried to validate this should raise a red flag; most CA's don't bother to validate even on debts that are within SOL.

I would suggest that before you send a C&D letter that you be as certain as you can be that this debt really is past past SOL...if there is very much money involved at all then I would consider consulting with a lawyer in your state for "non-internet board" advice.

If you are certain it's past SOL then send the letter - keep in mind the SOL is a defense against a lawsuit; it does not prevent them from filing.