What happens when the OC wont reply.

nolove4collections

I have a problem with ACCB collections. I disputed this account on my experian report in October 2006 and they verified. So i sent ACCB a letter asking them for an investigation regarding this account I told them in the letter this account is not mine and i told them since they verified this account in October 2006 i was curious to see what records they provided experian i also enclosed a copy of the collecton account that was on my experian credit report. I sent this letter certified mail they recevied it on Dec 6. I still havent heard from ACCB collections they havent even send me a notice saying my dispute is frivolous. They have 5 days left i dont think there going to respond but by law they have to according to FCRA 623(a)(8). My question is should i get a nice paper trail for a law suit or send my information to experian.

I have a problem with ACCB collections. I disputed this account on my experian report in October 2006 and they verified. So i sent ACCB a letter asking them for an investigation regarding this account I told them in the letter this account is not mine and i told them since they verified this account in October 2006 i was curious to see what records they provided experian i also enclosed a copy of the collecton account that was on my experian credit report. I sent this letter certified mail they recevied it on Dec 6. I still havent heard from ACCB collections they havent even send me a notice saying my dispute is frivolous. They have 5 days left i dont think there going to respond but by law they have to according to FCRA 623(a)(8). My question is should i get a nice paper trail for a law suit or send my information to experian.

To me, a paper trail is always more concrete. Taking the MOV route can prove to be pretty fruitless and IMO, I'd much rather take my time to have a more solid defense.

Therefore, assuming that you haven't heard anything from them, I would proceed forward with BBB/AG/FTC complaints against the company for violating Section 623 of the FCRA by not responding to your investigation request. In addition to filing consumer complaints against them, I would send them a nice little letter basically telling them: "Hey you - I sent you an investigation request per Section 623 of the FCRA which you received on the 6th of December. I have included a copy of my original letter and the signed and dated CMRRR card for your review. Based upon Section 623 of the FCRA, you are legally obligated to deliver investigation results within 30-days of receipt. That 30-day deadline was on December 5th and I have yet to receive anything from your company. I have taken the liberty of filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General of the State you're in and the Federal Trade Commission in the hopes of having this situation rectified without the need for legal action."

Then, you can make the decision as to whether or not you want to let them know that you're prepared to move forward legally...Give them a timeframe for responding to you, etc...

To me, a paper trail is always more concrete. Taking the MOV route can prove to be pretty fruitless and IMO, I'd much rather take my time to have a more solid defense.

The benefit of MOV, IMHO, is that you don't really know who the screw up is--at least not at first. Could be the CRA. Could be the OC. Could be both.

MOV begins with a CRA dispute, and I'd recommend CMRRR on everything if one is pursuing MOV. If it turns out the OC is the screw up, then one is headed down the Dispute with OC path.

Whichever way things lead, you start out on the proper foot by disputing with the CRA.