card holder on parents account question

rainbabies10

you can always request anything, lol, But will they? It cost money to post, so for the big boys if they think they will get thier money that they feal is owed, they might.

My concern would be why? Its not like by adding it to your report will remove it from your parents.

You can ask. Are you an authorized user? Some cards don't report AUs. And unfortunately, because of the widespread abuse that going with "buying" credit by being an AU, the CRAs have supposedly eliminated AU accounts from affecting your score anyway.

Maybe you can ask them if you can become a joint user with your parents. Your parents will have to agree to this.

Sorry about my answer, I though i read it was a negative account, and you wanted it on your report. But jq26 is correct EQ published back in Nov they were using the new fico model that would not take into account authorised users. So other than for a tradeline, it may not help, at least for EQ.

That's too bad. I thought I had found something to get my foot in the credit door. My mothers credit is awesome, and the card has a low balance and high limit. It would've looked great! Back to the drawing board.

Angie

( the person with no credit score)

My daddy listed me as an AU on two of his accounts (one, a Chase Visa and one Discover). They are reporting for me on both TU and EX. One thing you have to make sure is that your parents' address is listed on your credit reports, either as your current address (if you're still living with them) or as a previous address. My dad put me on the accounts back in Sept-Oct, but they didn't show up until I put his address as one of my previous addresses on my CR's. TU and EX allowed me to add the address. EQ wouldn't let me, God only knows why. The phone monkey I talked to told me that they weren't permitted to add addresses in the previous address section. I suspect I should talk to someone higher up, EQ is my highest score anyway, so I haven't been motivated.

By the way, the two additional good credit lines did help my score. To the tune of a 50 point increase on TU and a 25 point increase on EX.

I'm not convinced that the FICO '08 model will ever come to pass.

Can you join a credit union and put down $300 and open a secured credit card that reports? That would be the best way to start obtaining credit. Or, if you are very responsible (which is likely since you are seeking out this site ;)) and you are a college student, then open up one of those unsecured MBNA or AMEX student cards they offer on every corner of campus. Then enjoy your free beach towel but don't use the card more than $20/month and then pay in full.