Question about Accessing Reports

My mother passed away several years ago. I was her full power of attorney for three years prior to that and her mailing address has been mine for at least ten years. I know all the bills and balances that she had.

Recently, I've begun to get calls from a collection agency for her stuff. Is it legal for me to request copies of her CR's since I was her executor and power of attorney just to make sure nothing hinky is going on?

Dont know about Oklahoma, but the Power of Attorney died with her in most states. It becomes null and void at time of death.

As far as you having been the executor, if the succession is now closed, then there is no reason for you to talk with them at all now......because in most states they are SOL ( S--- outta luck) after the succession closes.

If you havent filed succession and there are debts, then the creditors in some states may force a succession to be filed and opened.

Whoever the estate attorney was in your case needs to answer these questions for you. I'm NOT a lawyer, I merely act as a paid consultant to estate attorneys from time to time on financial matters.....so dont take my word for it. Ask an attorney in your state.

Perhaps, I wasn't clear. I've paid all her bills and closed her estate. The reason I want to see her credit reports is to determine if there is some identity theft going on since these calls just started out of the blue about a week ago.

I absolutely know that this is not anything related to my mother or her estate. She was a VERY organized person and nothing would have been lurking that just suddenly popped up.