Jump to content

Just moved - how do I prove residence?

Recommended Posts

After 14 months in Missouri, I have just moved back to Kansas which has a shorter SOL.

What will I need to provide to a local law firm that is threatening legal action to prove that I live in Kansas again and that the debt is well beyond SOL?

What will a judge ask to see as proof of residence? I have credit card bills, mail forwarding confirmations from USPS, bill from the University of Kansas, and my bill for my car payment - all show my current Kansas residence. Will I need to get a Kansas driver's license as well?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will a cable bill suffice or need it be an electricity or gas bill?

A cable bill should be ok. The proof you need will be a bill from a local utility that shows your name and current address.

If you want to go above and beyond, try getting a driver's license in your area quickly. Photo copy it and send it along as well. I would black out the ID number and Signature line though. :D

Any other opinions on this?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.