vickinicole

Apartment complex, threatening to file claim against performance bond!! Help!

Just a tip, for you and anyone else who might come across this. You should be able to call up the light company and ask them when the lights were turned on in another person's name at that address. You don't need the name of the people, just when they turned them on. That will let you know when the apartment was rented.

oh good to know!!

in this case, the apt. complex sent me a letter stating someone moved in on 1/18/08

they subsequently revised the bill from $2400 to $1800

I sent the apartment complex a letter requesting contact information for the Collection Agency they sent my account to

they sent me back a handwritten note ON the letter I sent them with the following;

This is who you need to contact:

N.C.S. Inc

404-629-9595

i called the number and they asked for my social security number, i refused to give it, they changed me to different people who kept me on hold so I hung up.

What should I do? Should I call them, request their address then arrange $50 monthly payments for 3 years until my account is settled.

This account has NOT yet gone on my credit report and I would like to avoid that happeneing. Whats the best course of action when the apartment complex refuses to accept my money and sends the account to collections?