OC re-aging account beyond 7 years

Bones26

I have a store card here and it was closed Jan of 2001. Delinquent of course. But it should have fallen off now. But I see they have re-aged the account and they are saying I closed it 11/2007.

It remained on my report even though it sold the debt to 2 other agencies. They have been removed after doing a DV.

However, I don't know how I can do a DV on an OC or how to get them to follow the rules and stop reporting false information to the bureau's.

Thanks!

I have a store card here and it was closed Jan of 2001. Delinquent of course. But it should have fallen off now. But I see they have re-aged the account and they are saying I closed it 11/2007.

It remained on my report even though it sold the debt to 2 other agencies. They have been removed after doing a DV.

However, I don't know how I can do a DV on an OC or how to get them to follow the rules and stop reporting false information to the bureau's.

Thanks!

Read this!

:goodluck:

Deliberately reporting inaccurate information is illegal under fcra!! You are going to threaten them you will sue them in small claims court if they dont report that you closed this account in 2001. But was that the first time you were 30 days late??? Thats were you count not when you closed.closely look at your older credit reports you should see when you first was 30 days late, that date can never change no matter how many times the oc sells it!!! The item drops off 7 years from first 30 days late!! If it has been more than 7 years then you are like i said going to have to sue!!! Your old credit reports are evidence!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Did you keep paper copies of your credit reports that showed the TL as closed in Jan 01?

If so, there's your proof that they re-aged the TL, and you can request a reinvestigation with the CRA and provide copies of the proof. OF course, you could not use 1 CB's report to show as proof for a separate CB

Deliberately reporting inaccurate information is illegal under fcra!! You are going to threaten them you will sue them in small claims court if they dont report that you closed this account in 2001. But was that the first time you were 30 days late??? Thats were you count not when you closed.closely look at your older credit reports you should see when you first was 30 days late, that date can never change no matter how many times the oc sells it!!! The item drops off 7 years from first 30 days late!! If it has been more than 7 years then you are like i said going to have to sue!!! Your old credit reports are evidence!!!!!!!

Again...

People need to jump off of the lawsuit bandwagon - lawsuits don't solve everyone's problems and they can open up a whole new Pandora's Box if you're not fully prepared for it. Telling someone to run out and threaten suit when they don't have the proper documentation to back up their claim isn't strong advice.

If the OP does not have any type of documentation stating that the account was closed in 2001, the OP needs that documentation in order to proceed forward with any type of claim based upon re-aging.

I had Citi TL that Citi re-aged- Basically you're same situation. The TL was only showing on my Experian report. Once I disputed and used my prior experian reports as evidence of the re-aging, EX removed the TL. ......fast and simple

But, I did know my DOFD, so I knew for sure they re-aged it

• Like 1

I had Citi TL that Citi re-aged- Basically you're same situation. The TL was only showing on my Experian report. Once I disputed and used my prior experian reports as evidence of the re-aging, EX removed the TL. ......fast and simple

But, I did know my DOFD, so I knew for sure they re-aged it

You're a smart one. :)

I agree with the LoveBug...

"...You are going to threaten them you will sue them...".

Not only is this litigous attitude counterproductive to repair, it's also extremely ineffective. When it comes to defaulted accounts, OC's and CA's hear disputes all day long and get threatened with lawsuits quite frequently, especially with all the form letters floating around out there.

Threatening to sue rarely works, actually suing works quite well.

• Like 1

There is also the question of the math here.... Jan 2001 would be 7 years only this month and this month would still count. Just seeing a date from a subsequent CA that is later does not mean anything, most of the time, as they are still bound by the 7 years. There is also the posibility that it might stay on for 7-1/2 years.

You really need to know your DOFD and that is listed with the CRA's but nearly never posted to the report. You can often call and get that though.